Radioeye.

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Radioeye.

Post by kc »

For those who may be interested but who either missed in in RadCom or who are not RSGB members.
A new website called Radioeye has been launched it's aimed at trying to encourage VHF & UHF activity among M3's.

http://www.radioeye.co.uk/
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX
Andy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Andy »

This is a good thing. I've known Ian G6TGO for years and he's very keen on 'proper' VHF/UHF operation as opposed to 'just stick a cheap vertical up and talk rubbish through your local repeater'.
Can I urge anyone with an interest in 'real radio' to visit his site and sign the guest book? TA!
He's also interested in Horizontal FM. This was all the rage when I was first licenced in the early/mid 80's. With just 750mW from my homebrew FM TX (and a cheap scanner for a RX) I worked all over the place with a 5-ele horiz beam on FM. Great fun, but with everybody-and-their-dog using verticals nowadays it's very hard to persuade people!
'SOMEONE GET ME A SAW!'
Andy.
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by kc »

Andy wrote:This is a good thing. I've known Ian G6TGO for years and he's very keen on 'proper' VHF/UHF operation as opposed to 'just stick a cheap vertical up and talk rubbish through your local repeater'.
BUT thats my speciality. :lol:

I like VHF, it contains my favourite band, 6 meters. But I do like 4 & 2 also & I try to have a few QSO's on 70 cm from time to time, as it's dead in Norwich & feel it's important to keep it alive.(Even if only just :( )
So all power to the great ones (G6TGO & G7WFE) It's a well put together site, with all the links required for successful operation on these bands.
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX