ISS

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Sandhound

ISS

Post by Sandhound »

G'day.

There seems to be a conflict of reports about the ISS.
One news agency is saying a Progress Cargo vessel has docked incorrect and the ISS has lost comunications and some power, but Ham Radio operaters are in contact with the stn via its' ham radio setup.
The other, NASA say every thing is ok after a 3hr delay due to an antenna not retracting properly.
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by kc »

The Chicago Sun Times reports.
A faulty antenna apparently prevented an unmanned Russian cargo ship from mooring completely to the international space station Thursday, but the three-man crew was not in any danger, Mission Control said.
full story

i have just goggled the news story & all news reports during the past hour say the problem was on the Russian supply vessel & that it has been resolved & the docking was successful.
Sandhound

Post by Sandhound »

kc wrote:The Chicago Sun Times reports.
A faulty antenna apparently prevented an unmanned Russian cargo ship from mooring completely to the international space station Thursday, but the three-man crew was not in any danger, Mission Control said.
full story

i have just goggled the news story & all news reports during the past hour say the problem was on the Russian supply vessel & that it has been resolved & the docking was successful.
G'day kc.

The News agency that I got the info from seems to have got it all wrong, and it was transmitted over a wide footprint area. Agencies trying to keep at the cutting edge.

Well it all ended well, that's the main thing.
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by kc »

The story was right in the sense that it did involve an antenna & thus communications & it did cause a docking problem.