Good Day everyone.
For Sale is my
Lafayette TELSAT 805B Homebase
Speedy C.T.E Linear Valve Amplifier
Zetagi MB+5 Base Mic
All my radio equipment is from a non smoking house and are in great condition, I never use the word mint as so many say it then sell rubbish.
Anyone is welcome to visit me and see what they are buying before purchase and also see it all up and running.
The radio comes with its original box of course
This is one of those radios that came from Romania 8 years ago, In all that time I doubt its had more than 30 minutes transmission use and less than four hours on receive, I bought it because of nostalgia and what child hood memories it gave me, so I cleaned it and that was about it.
That said its been connected up to a 11m wire and setup with a Linear valve amp and the out put is as it should be, the radio is around 5 watts output and that ran into the valve amp achieves around 80W, apparently the amp can take 10w in and achieve more output but I've always under run all my gear.
While here in the west country I have given a few calls out and chatted to a couple of welsh guys with no issues on Mids FM.
Those that know about these radios will also know the history, so what I can tell you is that it has not been touched since I bought it those years back.
The cover has not been taken off by me or had any modifications done or work done to bring it into the modern day.
The internal speaker stopped working so I just connected in a external speaker which works fine (included) my guess would be its a dry joint but I don't want to take the cover off to fix it, Id rather leave that to someone else.
Whether you are buying this radio for nostalgia or intend to get it worked on by the companies out their that bring these up to date is your choice.
So you are aware this is a very old radio and to be fair if you are going to use it for SSB, Id have a rig doctor work on it, if its for nostalgia and CB fun then she maybe fine, Ive not used it enough to ever find out its true potential.
I am selling this as a package, it comes with a Speedy CTE valve amplifier which is all working as shown in the pictures also I will bung my Zetagi MB+5 in with the deal, its in great condition, this mic is not wired up for the radio, you will have to do this yourself, but it is surplus to requirements so it goes as well, the SWR /Matcher is included also.
Im not happy about posting this stuff, its a lot of weight, id hate to see the radio dropped or the valve amp busted and posting would be expensive.
I live near Weston Super Mare in Somerset, I am happy for you to come and see it all working in situ before you buy it.
Im in no rush, Id rather find the right person who will enjoy the radio for what it is.
Please PM me for further details.
The box is in the loft it may even come with original manual (it should be their) I will have to check on this (loft trip planned)
The radio cost me £300 originally I am selling this job lot for £340 (ono)
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
Radio related items for sale. Please read the rules before posting here!
13. Trading Post:
13. Trading Post:
- Only the selling of your own radio related items is permitted on this forum. This includes (but is not limited to) transceivers/receivers, antennas, stations accessories, coaxial cables, data cables, computer systems for interfacing with radio equipment. Non radio-related items will be removed by the moderation team without warning. If you are unsure that a certain item is permitted or not then please PM a moderator before posting.
- If you wish to list an item for sale, put the details on here and offer it for sale on here. If it's listed on another website as well, state that this is the case and put a link to the other website at the bottom of the advert on TM1. Simply posting a web link to where your item is being sold will result in your post being removed without warning.
- For your safety please use the PM function in the forum to contact other trading partners rather than posting your email addresses or telephone number directly on your listing.
- Our site acts as the venue for sellers to list items. The TM1 ownership or moderation Team are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety, legality, history or accuracy of the listings stated. TM1 also holds no information on users beyond what they have willingly shared. Both the seller and buyer assume responsibility for the sale and purchase of items. If you are unsure, don't trade.
- Anyone caught selling stolen goods will be immediately banned from the site and their membership terminated. All logs of their activities while on the forums will be turned over to any interested authorities.
- New members (Newly registered users status) are not permitted to post adverts. This is to prevent people joining with the only intention of posting dodgy adverts. Once a new members account is upgraded, they have full posting privileges.
- This is not an auction website, if we see forum users posting adverts that look like "silent auctions" (... open to offers), then the moderation team will delete the advert and possibly restrict the users future posting privileges in the Trading Post section. Please state a price or your post will be removed
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest