ANCIENTMARINER

WEST YORKSHIRE LOGGINGS

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi to anyone on here ,

Some stuff i have tied up over last week:

169.2750 Nestle UK Ltd, Halifax C241.8
169.2500 Bradford City FC Security C151.4
462.1250 Salts Mill,Saltaire C69.3
157.025/161.625 Arrivals Cars,Shipley (Taxidata )

It seems that Morrisons in Yeadon and Guiseley have gone off UK Simple to GSM mobiles in last few weeks.
The Arrival Cars base channel is in the maritime mobile VHF band and this is allowed because the power output is not high and it is far from the coast to cause interference.

Come on lets have some of your loggings if theres anybody still bothered......

Rgds,
Alan
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: WEST YORKSHIRE LOGGINGS

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Salts Mill are on Bumfeng 888 radios..ch1.. Can hear em for quite a distance tbh
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi,
Yes they also have a few channels along with the repeater on vhf. I have been past there a few times but not been inside.
It seems quite busy in the week.

A.
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

BTW the reason i sent in the uhf channel which is simplex was because it was only just being installed and updated by a radio fella and hadnt been logged by me previously. The tone is always the main thing though and he was twiddling that on a continuous carrier.
A.
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Most of my logs are out of date now, alot have gone to DMR.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi,
Yes there is more DMR about but also a hell of a lot of analogue in places they werent before. Obviously the future is digital but many firms still wont pay what the big boys want.I scan a lot between 446 and 450 with a 6.25 split and this band is affected by weather patterns but when its open its very busy. A lot of pmr users off 453 and 456 shifted up here but been replaced by Prayer bcasts which have increased dramatically on those former bands. Also a lot of single channel digital tx's
popping up there. The hardest part really is keeping up with the tech for all the new digi modes.
I still see new taxidata channels popping up also even though the number of firms has gone down so there is still much to log on to. It will also be interesting when the new AIS and VDL channels open up in next few months so theres plenty of optimism. I started wiggin in around 1961 and its been a lifelong pleasure and occupation, ive seen it before usb took a foothold up to date, been involved, and enjoyed it all, but it still intrigues.

Alan
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi,
The following logged whilst i was out and about:
456.375/461.875 and 456.525/462.025 both the new Victoriagate S/C in Leeds and both TRBO.
462.225 and 169.3 both with double tones 151.4 and 114.8, this is for the JTC(Joint Taxi Co-op) -Streamline-Telecabs , i. e the Black and White taxis in Leeds. Used by the street marshalls at the ranks.456.9/456.9 used by Carlisle Security Services Ltd in Bradford Interchange area, tone not logged.

Rgds, Alan
andy1957
Regular
Regular

Post by andy1957 »

Hi, been monitoring for a number of years now and have recently got into dmr, I use an SDR-RTL dongle with GQRX, but because of the unstable crystal in the dongle its nearly impossible to obtain a correct frequency, but here goes, bradford shopwatch 453.093.500, leeds parking enforcement 456.718, this seems to change at night to security at various venues round leeds.
Strangely I cant seem to find leeds shopwatch even though I live in Guiseley and easily pick up Bradford.
No doubt I will add more as I find them.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

andy1957 wrote:Hi, been monitoring for a number of years now and have recently got into dmr, I use an SDR-RTL dongle with GQRX, but because of the unstable crystal in the dongle its nearly impossible to obtain a correct frequency, but here goes, bradford shopwatch 453.093.500, leeds parking enforcement 456.718, this seems to change at night to security at various venues round leeds.
Strangely I cant seem to find leeds shopwatch even though I live in Guiseley and easily pick up Bradford.
Hi Andy, welcome to TM1, when posting DMR frequencies for the benefit of others, it's always useful to give the CC, Slot and TG too.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Greetings,

446.175 close called junction of Headrow/eastgate in Leeds, no tone seen.
460.125 simplex Carlisle security Services-Leeds Bus Station c/s lima tone not locked.

Not wishing to be a killjoy but in my opinion i dont think it is a good idea to disclose all info re CC, groupcall, etc re digicomms otherwise before you know it RAS will be switched on and we will all have to find another hobby.....just an obsevation.

Alan
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Re 456.9 logged in Bradford the other day, this is now confirmed as carlisle Security Services-Bradford Interchange, c/s Bravo

Alan
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

ANCIENTMARINER wrote:
Not wishing to be a killjoy but in my opinion i dont think it is a good idea to disclose all info re CC, groupcall, etc re digicomms otherwise before you know it RAS will be switched on and we will all have to find another hobby.....just an obsevation.

Alan
Not really, no more than giving an analogue frequency that could go digital if everyone knows it. If you give out a DMR frequency then that is 95% of the info, you may as well give the rest of it.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
andy1957
Regular
Regular

Post by andy1957 »

Admiral wrote:
andy1957 wrote:Hi, been monitoring for a number of years now and have recently got into dmr, I use an SDR-RTL dongle with GQRX, but because of the unstable crystal in the dongle its nearly impossible to obtain a correct frequency, but here goes, bradford shopwatch 453.093.500, leeds parking enforcement 456.718, this seems to change at night to security at various venues round leeds.
Hi Andy, welcome to TM1, when posting DMR frequencies for the benefit of others, it's always useful to give the CC, Slot and TG too.

Thanks for the welcome, my only problem is my decoding software is pretty basic so I cant give codes etc cos I just dont see em, sorry.
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

ANCIENTMARINER wrote:

Alan

Yep I'm with alan on this "KEEP STUM" otherwise systems will be implementing "ENHANCED" not "BASIC" encryption techniques or RAS & then everyone will be buggered.........even the folks that are buying the super dooper whistler radios & the AOR DV1 or something like that demodulates dmr just to earwigg will be listening to nothing just like the rest!!

nice comment "Alan great observation if i do say so" Regards
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Admiral wrote:Not really, no more than giving an analogue frequency that could go digital if everyone knows it. If you give out a DMR frequency then that is 95% of the info, you may as well give the rest of it.
I wouldn't say It's 95% of the info I'd say more like 50% as the other 50% goes into gathering the information i.e CC's including slots used & TG's used which is pretty much time consuming to gather, You stumble across it gather it keep it to yourself otherwise your spoiling it for the rest as it will only be a matter of time before the engineers are pulled in & within 10minutes the system could be totally locked down to any outsider, Its not as if the engineers have to re-call all the radios to input the new encryption keys etc in as this can all be done by a simple what's called Over The Air transmission that will configure all radios on that very system to the all new protocols implemented on the system, yep & all by the slip of your tongue could in fairness wreck it for not just yourself but others as well....... you want to share the info then do it between you & the other participant via a private message or something not in the public eye/domain for others to see........ "you give them nothing to go on & they have nothing to act on it's simples"

Regards