Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

New bus fleet on Millington trunk

Post by phillmobile »

Hi guys notices a new fleet on the band3 trunk at millington

217 (017) prefix
lots of odd interprefix calls being rejected, looks like something is set up wrong somewhere.

I guess they might have used the radios they pulled from Humberside aggregates that they have moved on the the nexedge system.

Have fun
phillmobile
radtech
Call Sign: Rich

Re: New bus fleet on Millington trunk

Post by radtech »

phillmobile wrote:Hi guys notices a new fleet on the band3 trunk at millington

217 (017) prefix
lots of odd interprefix calls being rejected, looks like something is set up wrong somewhere.

I guess they might have used the radios they pulled from Humberside aggregates that they have moved on the the nexedge system.

Have fun
phillmobile
They've been on there a few months phill, very little voice, approx 20-30 idents.

Perhaps also using that site in Leeds? No real idea who it is.
Rich
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

Yes Rich i wondered if they was also on the Leeds one but id not thnik they had the intersite working but that would explain it.
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi,
Just to confirm that the bus operator is TRANSDEV YORK/YORKSHIRE COASTLINER, York base is ident 602.

Alan
radtech

Post by radtech »

ANCIENTMARINER wrote:Hi,
Just to confirm that the bus operator is TRANSDEV YORK/YORKSHIRE COASTLINER, York base is ident 602.

Alan
Not seen any new antennas on transdev vehicles? You sure this isn't Connexionsbuses (Harrogate Coach Travel) based in York?
Rich
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

hIHi Rich,
Two Saturdays back caught driver calling York Control and saying he was on 10 route which is a cross York from Acomb-Stamford Bridge and op by transdev york.coastliner. Call are infrequent but all buses appear on as the number of idents matches the fleet size. Also net is badly set up as control at york was trying to contact a bus previously and ended up calling himself on a few occaisions.Some kind of blip in the data.If Connexionsbus has taken over this route then VOSA knows nothing about it.

Alan
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Addendum:
Further to Connexionsbus, they operate past my front door and they have no antenna's either.I think Transdev may have limited pmr capability and use the net gps wise. Transdev Harrogate using GSM in cab but havent found their GPS signature on Busnet unless they are onthe Harrogate council net which is blocked from me here.

Alan
radtech

Post by radtech »

ANCIENTMARINER wrote:Addendum:
Further to Connexionsbus, they operate past my front door and they have no antenna's either.I think Transdev may have limited pmr capability and use the net gps wise. Transdev Harrogate using GSM in cab but havent found their GPS signature on Busnet unless they are onthe Harrogate council net which is blocked from me here.

Alan
I don't think there are any Transdev buses on the Band 3 BusNet anymore, all tracking is done through a GPRS module in the ticket machine. The same goes for Stagecoach.

Transdev companies are run separately so it's possible one depot is trying the radios.
Rich
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi Rich,
For the record Transdev York and Transdev Yorkshire Coastliner are now one entity if you look at the legals on the disc or side of bus.Depots are York for the York Fleet and Malton for the Coastliner fleet. Route 10 is a joint op between the two and either entity can send any bus.The ZAP buses at Transdev York are just brandings for the Leeds-York route.
Alan
BTW the GSM on the front of the Harrogate buses is for voice contact whereas when they operate in the METRO area the ticket machine sends the data over the busnet datalink everytime a ticket is issued or the bus passes a stop fitted with a 2.4GHz wifi transponder module.

A.
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

I would also like to add that Yorkshire Tiger do not have external antenna's but they operate on Busnet in GPS mode only. registrations show up on the control channel for the whole fleet. Drivers once again use GSM for contact with depots.

Alan
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

Yes there are lots of failed interprefix calls all the time on 017 not figured out whats going on there
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

If only they law was like in america, ignition on phone off that would help us get more radios fitted
radtech

Post by radtech »

phillmobile wrote:If only they law was like in america, ignition on phone off that would help us get more radios fitted
Thats an issue with lots of companies now. Managers expect their employees to use their own phones for work, penny pinching at its best.
Rich
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

The latest train of thought is that the radios that are on the bus system but have lost signal have found the fleetcomm system and are connecting to that, a clue is in the interprefix failed messages as i assume the fylde firmware (like the old tait firmware) can not handle interprefix sdm's correctly. yes i am sad enough to know that. Not sure if Millington is white listed or not but if so then that might be it, also not sure if the sdm's on the bus net were interprefix or even on 017 prefix