Humbeside Aggregates - Nexedge

Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Humbeside Aggregates - Nexedge

Post by phillmobile »

Hi all, these have moved from the busy band3 mpt1327 system at Millington to a 3 channel Kenw00d Nexedge system, not able to correctly decode at this time as its just a bit too weak, i guess as its 6.25khz it will actually have good range to the radios themselves.

To decode the control channel aim for 165.771875 MHz with dsd, i can decode audio from my own nxdn system but not that one again i think i am just out of range, must get that aerial higher up.

I would have thought anyone in the vale of York will have no problem picking it up.

(try 165.770 or 165.775 if you cant get right down to the exact freq).

You can find the info by typing 165.775 on the wireless telegraphy register which shows 4 channels but i an only detect 3 at this time.

Have fun
philllmobile
scanking1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: scanking

Re: Humbeside Aggregates - Nexedge

Post by scanking1 »

I wonder if it has all been paid for?

London Radio Networks received a CCJ for £8918 on the 9th August. This would perhaps be the value of the equipment for this fleet?

Perhaps they bought all the kit then haven't paid for it, or the customer hasn't paid them yet?
jhampton2000

Post by jhampton2000 »

>(try 165.770 or 165.775 if you cant get right down to the exact freq).
As it's trunked, it's more likely its using NXDN very narrow (6.25khz) channels. It's quite common to find such systems using 3.125kkhz channel spacing, so I'd suggest work up or down from 165.775 in 3.125khz steps to find the correct frequency.

Also if you are using a transceiver to decode the voice channels, again you need to be precise with the frequency: if you're slightly off, it might light up the LED to say it's receiving, but you need to be spot on to actually decode. It's the NXDN way of squeezing two voice channels into a single 12.5khz bandwidth allocation (such as is used by DMR).
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

Hi yes i have a scanner that can get to the exact point but i mention the other freqs for people who might not have a scanner that can tune to the exact point, will have a play one day and thanks for the tips.

Also re the other poster, everything thing that glitters is not paid for!

phillmobile
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

This system is easy to decode and listen to with DSD