Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Greeting to anyone who is left on here,

Fired up the box this morning after a bit of a lay off and had a CBS repeater analogue on 164.5125.
Now my records had two repeaters on here over last few years one on Winter Hill and one up at Teesside.
Only logged one user with tone 167.9 on about collecting a pile of water bottles. Anyone know which CBS repeater this is, or is it a new one ?/
Rgds,
Alan
dalehull83
New User
New User

Re: 164.5125

Post by dalehull83 »

Hello,

are you still getting them two freqs? as around that time there was a lift on for the hull area and I was getting them two freqs with 167.9 and it was coming from east Anglia so not sure if it will be the same, just thought would let you know

Dale, hull
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi Dale,

Not sure where its coming from. It was active again with same tone 10mins ago. The two chappies on there not giving much away re locations. Considering a high pressure is over the UJ at the moment i wouldnt be surprised if it was East Anglia. I logged something round that channel from the Stamford Lincs area a couple of weeks back but forgot to enter the details in my notes.
Rgds,
Alan
M7LMH
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M7LMH

Post by M7LMH »

i get this in st helens. i believe it to be london comms cbs on winter hill & even found the licence that covers it. what iv heard so far sounds like a skip/building supplies company but iv never found out a company name etc
dalehull83
New User
New User

Post by dalehull83 »

Nothing here so must be winter hill for you and when a lift for me must be rptr in Norwich due to accents and mentioned wymondham a lot and that freq seems to be a mpt ctrl channel anyway
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

marc85 wrote:i get this in st helens. i believe it to be london comms cbs on winter hill & even found the licence that covers it. what iv heard so far sounds like a skip/building supplies company but iv never found out a company name etc
Thanks for that Marc85. I also think this is the Winter Hill tx as accents more Manchesterish . Have u logged any other tones on here other than 167.9 ?

Alan
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

I was listening to this winter hill cbs today does has selcall on it? am sorry but i cant believe its running 3 watts erp i was listening to it at Howden and in that area on the M62