Radio Addict

Re: Fleetcomm Emley Moor GONE!

Post by phillmobile »

its now called London Radio Networks Limited
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi Phil,

Not seen any PM from you. Regarding London Radio networks Ltd. I was aware of them being an offshoot of Fleetcom, but they are a registered company within the BHBC camp. It seems when the licences were renewed a bit back they were refered to this BHBC Group in London. Whether they have kept the LRNL name after the court affair, because of its association with Fleetcom, I dont know. Anyway the main thing is that West Yorks is now out on a limb regarding coverage.

A
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

Hi Alan sent you a message.
Phill
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

OK Phil, have sent reply PM
Rgds, Alan
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

The Caistor site is only letting Brigg taxis on and all the users from Emley are barred on that site, you would have thought that they would have used the equipment from emley to add more channels given they have so many frequencies on the licence., Hardly any of them connecting to millington, what a mess. Even Humber aggs are now barred from that site (there biggest customer).
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

thelad wrote:
Excalibur wrote:Offtopic but when you go to the fleetcomm website type it into google it says http://www.fleet-comm.co.uk/ it says
"This site may be hacked." at the descrpition. Also is fleetcomm completely gone now? Does it have any other sites?
Here is why the website is down
http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudicat ... MvS33anw0N
Someone really p*ssed off their former employee! hahaha.

That's a pretty nifty, and conclusive take-down! OOOOOUUSSSHH!!!!
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
scanking1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: scanking

Post by scanking1 »

Fleetcomm is now in liquidation, gone and gone.

Before it went they transferred all stock into London Radio Networks and are now trading as that.

It looks like they are getting ready to wind that up as licenses are being transferred into various other entities, such as BHBC (the accountancy) and suchlike.

However, they are missing one serious point - none of their equipment is type approved!!!!

All of their equipment is the old Tait and Key infrastructure, or so I am told. This is not legal for use on a new license (issued after 2001) because it is not type approved to the latest spec.

They do not have any grandfather rights because it has not been in "continuous" service since it has all been moved around all over the place however many times.

Therefore nothing will probably be on air for very much longer, I should think it will all be gone soon.
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

I heard the repeaters are not type approved from a different source.

ofcom says
5 Pre-MPT 1300 Series Equipment.

Some equipment which was type approved to specifications that existed before the introduction of the MPT 1300 Series is still in circulation. Such equipment can no longer be type approved to the old specifications. In some cases it may continue to be used under current licences or licence exemption but only on the basis that its use is not protected from interference caused by other equipment, and it does not cause interference to other services.
scanking1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: scanking

Post by scanking1 »

I think the MPT1300 series is now the old one and there is a new EURO spec.

Euro spec says you cannot use anything from an old spec. Their kit is I am told to the old MPT spec, not the EURO spec.

I am only relaying what I am told, perhaps we both heard it from the same source?
insideman
Regular
Regular

Post by insideman »

The pre MPT equipment, the W series stuff is ancient. Nearly all of it is 25kHz spacing.

Finding out the connections between these companies is like the FBI trying to find out who actually runs the mob.
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

What is peoples problem with fleetcomm? I know they may have done bad stuff but some forum users seem just to have signed up to be mean about Fleetcomm. I remember another thread about fleetcomm was completely removed because people were just talking badly about the company.

I'm not trying to defend fleetcomm im just curious.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Hidden agenda maybe?

Does make u think eh ;)
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

LeakyFeeder wrote:Hidden agenda maybe?

Does make u think eh ;)
Yeah it does.
Also look at "insideman"'s introduction http://www.transmission1.co.uk/viewtopi ... 1&p=353114 very strange and suspicious. Also most of his posts have been about fleetcomm or business related...
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Excalibur wrote:
LeakyFeeder wrote:Hidden agenda maybe?

Does make u think eh ;)
Yeah it does.
Also look at "insideman"'s introduction http://www.transmission1.co.uk/viewtopi ... 1&p=353114 very strange and suspicious. Also most of his posts have been about fleetcomm or business related...
Nah just a 16 year old kid with nothing better to do, we get them around here time to time.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
insideman
Regular
Regular

Post by insideman »

I am not 16 or have worked for Fleetcomm or their competitors.

A poster asked why some people have got it in for Fleetcomm. One reason may be that they and their previous incarnation used to have very special arrangements with Ofcom and the RA.