Fleetcomm Emley Moor GONE!

Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Fleetcomm Emley Moor GONE!

Post by kr0ne »

Excalibur wrote:I remember another thread about fleetcomm was completely removed because people were just talking badly about the company.
Haha! Was that the thread ages ago where their top dog came on threatening to sue everyone? :lol:

Was searching for that the other day to post a link in this thread but came up empty... Was starting to think I'd imagined the whole thing but I guess that would explain it.

I think it the fact that the owner of the company joined an Internet forum to start flinging threats around in public should tell you everything you need to know about the company. ;)
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

From a scanner listeners point of view they have managed to go from having 8000 radios on there system to around a few hundred in a matter of years, these people have had such a bad time that they most likely have gone to phones, lost for good from your scanner banks. no wonder we get posts on here all the time about how there is nothing to listen to.
so this is relavant because its effecting your hobby, the very reason your on this web site.
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

kr0ne wrote:
Excalibur wrote:I remember another thread about fleetcomm was completely removed because people were just talking badly about the company.
Haha! Was that the thread ages ago where their top dog came on threatening to sue everyone? :lol:

Was searching for that the other day to post a link in this thread but came up empty... Was starting to think I'd imagined the whole thing but I guess that would explain it.

I think it the fact that the owner of the company joined an Internet forum to start flinging threats around in public should tell you everything you need to know about the company. ;)
Yeah you didn't imagine it :D There was a huge thread and some new user joined up and started talking about "harassment on bulletin board systems" . Also according to this message we are not even supposed to talk about fleetocmm any more http://www.transmission1.co.uk/viewtopi ... 6&p=338702
Right, I've just removed all the rest of this thread as it has nothing to do with this forum. Perhaps some users on here should have read the rules.
"Personal or business issues with other members, individuals, organisations or companies should be kept OFF the forums. Deal with it privately, not on here."

For everyone's benefit don't post anything else about Fleetcom. Otherwise we'll just remove it... It's nothing to do with us. Go play on another forum if you want to make derogatory posts about users or other companies as this is not the place for you...

TM1
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

By all means, comment on them moving site etc, as that's part of the 'SWL' hobby, we just respectfully ask that any derogatory remarks, or people with an axe to grind against them (or any other company for that matter) leave their personal beef off TM1.

Any member signing up to just bad-mouth a company will be removed and any existing members doing the same will be dealt with.

The market is evolving, technology is making the vast majority of these services insecure and inflexible by comparison, so they either have to evolve with it or go out of business. That's basic market forces sadly.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
yagiman

Post by yagiman »

Is there no contractors at all any more on the 178 to 181 MHZ band?
I used to love hear tipper trucks going to construction sites
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

where are you based, i can give you frequencies filled with salacious gossip if you are in the Yorkshire area, can you decode nxdn and motortrbo i can give you more too.

Have fun let me know if i can help, start with 164.775 and 163.5875 more banter than you can shake a stick at
PM me is best

phill
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

those above alone will have you chuckling all day
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

166.4375 Mototrbo will get you colour code soon
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Had a look at 178.775Mhz the "former" Emley control channel and there appears to be a controller on there but cant decode yet as havent got gear rigged up properly. It looks like either someone tweaking the sig or another different operator ? anyone check please ??

Rgds,
Alan
radtech
Call Sign: Rich

Post by radtech »

ANCIENTMARINER wrote:Had a look at 178.775Mhz the "former" Emley control channel and there appears to be a controller on there but cant decode yet as havent got gear rigged up properly. It looks like either someone tweaking the sig or another different operator ? anyone check please ??

Rgds,
Alan
It's the BusNet on Emley Moor. Been there for years.

I can see this being scaled down at some point as the companies move their tracking systems to GSM.
Rich
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi Rich,

Of course it is, silly me.... Just shows how out of touch ive gotten. I see a Nexedge sig on 166.2 not found in WTR yet.

Rgds,
Alan