SY-WY BUSNET UPDATE

Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
ANCIENTMARINER

SY-WY BUSNET UPDATE

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi,
Dont know if anyone has monitored this recently, but i thought i would have a gander at it again after being off the plot for a while.
Only got one query at present that appears on the West Yorks sector of the net, whi is block 7600-7699 ?

Alan
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: SY-WY BUSNET UPDATE

Post by phillmobile »

i here that metro and transdev are coming off this system
radtech
Call Sign: Rich

Post by radtech »

ANCIENTMARINER wrote:Hi,
Dont know if anyone has monitored this recently, but i thought i would have a gander at it again after being off the plot for a while.
Only got one query at present that appears on the West Yorks sector of the net, whi is block 7600-7699 ?

Alan
Tates Travel buses. Although the buses are fitted, it appears to be a box ticking exercise as hardly any of them ever tracked.
Rich
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

Hi,

I operate the mpt system on 163.1125 i am in the process of putting a linked mpt system at queensbury.

something for you to listen out for.

Keep you posted.

phillmobile
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi Radtech,

Thanks for that info. I completely forgot about Tates Travel being on there
So which block is Yorkshire Coastliner then ?

On another tack, i had a listen to the ex Fleetcom net on Emley Moor today and couldnt believe how drastic the emigration from the net has been. Only one block of legal users and they were in Prefix 013 with blocks 10-20, 350-359, 950-979, 1400-1409, 1500-1509, 2870-2875.
The rest of the traffic tryng to log on were unauthorised users. What a come down from 5yrs ago.

Oh and one more thing, back to busnet, the block 7500-7599, is this used by Supertram for the gps element / just need a confirmation.
Rgds,
Alan
radtech

Post by radtech »

ANCIENTMARINER wrote:Hi Radtech,

Thanks for that info. I completely forgot about Tates Travel being on there
So which block is Yorkshire Coastliner then ?

On another tack, i had a listen to the ex Fleetcom net on Emley Moor today and couldnt believe how drastic the emigration from the net has been. Only one block of legal users and they were in Prefix 013 with blocks 10-20, 350-359, 950-979, 1400-1409, 1500-1509, 2870-2875.
The rest of the traffic tryng to log on were unauthorised users. What a come down from 5yrs ago.

Oh and one more thing, back to busnet, the block 7500-7599, is this used by Supertram for the gps element / just need a confirmation.
Rgds,
Alan
Coastliner don't use the radio system anymore, they use their ticket machines to send real time data to the server using GSM.

Yes, considering the coverage and catchment area, it's pretty dire on Emley Moor now. It would be interesting if someone put a DMR system in there, especially as DMR radios/repeaters are the same price as analogue now.

With regards to the 7500-7599 BusNet idents, that's a second block for Stagecoach Yorkshire. The trams use their own UHF MPT system for GPS.

Hope that helps.
Rich
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the update. Looks like my block list wants updating too. I see 3500-3599 no voice which is supposed to be Transdev York.2200-2399 Tiger Leeds but only the new stuff, no voice,7100-7199 Tiger Huddersfield/Elland, no voice but still seen on Leeds buses also, especially the airport services except the new Optare Versa's.Interesting re the block
7500-7599 which was originally allocated to stagecoach for the Supertram gps element, i wonder if this is the rawmarsh allocation. All the Stagecoach allocation for Yorkshire is accounted for except for the Chesterfield mob, which i have no info on.
I thought a new prefix might have started by now but its not evident.

Alan
radtech

Post by radtech »

The 7500-7599 are mainly Holbrook but not all. Chesterfield idents are a mix of both blocks. Stagecoach will be coming off the system in the near future as there is a national roll out of AVL GPS using the existing ticket machines.

Not sure what they will be doing for voice comms after the changeover.
Rich
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi,
Its 2yrs since i had a look at this net and i am seeing a new block in West yorks 000/200-350. Is this TLC Ltd ??

Alan
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by phillmobile »

Alan there are now some buses on the (Fleetcomm) London radio networks 179.8375Mhz (017) prefix
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi Phil,
Trust u r well.Do you know who the operator is ? Also Pfx 017 , isnt that used as an intergroup pfx ? Where has your cc off 163.5325 gone ? I remember u mentioning a resiting .

Rgds,
Alan
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

[quote="ANCIENTMARINER"]Hi Phil,
Trust u r well.Do you know who the operator is ? Also Pfx 017 , isnt that used as an intergroup pfx ? Where has your cc off 163.5325 gone ? I remember u mentioning a resiting .

Rgds,
Alan

Just been looking into this operator and it looks like either Transdev York or Yorkshire Coastliner. The way the net is set up is wierd. Bus 602 called control and control shows target same ident as bus. Route 10 mentioned which is Nether Poppleton-Stamford bridge, and is jointly run by both transdev firms.The interprefix calls get rejected 80% of times but i alays thought that this was for use between two different nets. Is the busnet in York city center still working as i havent seen or heard of it for a while or is as i expect this the new Transdev York-YCL net ?

Alan
daleinhull
Regular
Regular

Post by daleinhull »

Hi guys, thanks for the info here.