Buses in York

Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
ANCIENTMARINER

Buses in York

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Evening all ,

Can anyone in the York area, please confirm that the First buses have vacated their single 166.6375 channel and moved on to the City of York Council trunk net on band 3 or started a new band3 net ?
Its just out of my range to monitor here in Leeds

Any info much appreciated.

Rgds,
Alan
M1bto

Re: Buses in York

Post by M1bto »

Have you tried promafreq they know everything Nick.
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Hi,

Thanks for reply.I dont use proma these days. The info although it is good for reference is now getting out of date. The same may be said for some of the Ofcomm stuff as well. The WTR list is good but suffers from a lack of updating. The best way to find out what is happening is to either listen yourself or ask someone who is in the vicinity. I must say that in over 40yrs of listening to pmr etc i have found the best way is to go and see yourself.I monitor regularly whatever is my interest at the time be it marine, air ,pmr, digital,etc etc.
Where i am at present, i am just out of range of the signal from York. I really need to go there and sort it myself.
I am not tryng to shed a negative light on your suggestion, but i have always found
that no matter where u live u never hear everything, but when u go into the field as to say, and capture the mystery yourself, then thats the enjoyment of it all.
I thank u for your reply. Just one more thing this freq change is recent so Ofcomm wont have added to database for us to see properly. If on the other hand as i suspect, the buses have joined the local council net, then you will not find a direct link in the database to that particular bus company only the host system. The same is for all CBS and trunk nets which host more than one user.

Rgds,( sorry for my long winded prattle),
Alan
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

Promafreqs hasn't seen activity since last November. Promaonline is turning into an online archive / vault. WTR isn't keeping up with UHF stuff going to digital forms, and as said before, it's quite often mainly a guide to what is out there (like the UK Scanning Directory) but isn't necessarily. The WTR site would be easier to use if it had a search function where you could just type in a location, and the site would be searched, instead of playing with co-ordinates etc, having to have a specific browser, etc. I now have 24 local frequenices plugged in that WTR says is in use in my area, and thus far, I've heard doodly.

I can't speak for all Yahoo groups, but a lot of them are dying off. Even the Yorkshirescanner group there hasn't had activity snce April 2010. Scottish-Scanning and N.I Scanner are doing not too bad, and a few members are in both, myself included.
Banned Account
ANCIENTMARINER

Post by ANCIENTMARINER »

Aye Andrew it certainly is a challenging hobby nowadays. Luckily i am into the digi-data stuff as well so there is still plenty to find and search.
Another interesting thing ive noticed recently is the number of Fire and rescue authorities coming back onto paging rather than paying the exhorbitant fees on Airwave. Plenty of call outs and sometimes repeats of the airwave data. Its also easier to identify them with the new Firelink callsigns. I only wish the local FRs was on it but they not took the jump yet.havent seen any of the Scottish brigades on it though. Furthest north ive seen is Northumberland FRS and Cumbria FRS.

Yes Paul shot himself in the foot by refusing to move with the times.What he sees as scanning is fast becoming history unless youre interested in taxis.

Rgds,
Alan
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

Actually, taxi's weren't good enough either, plus he was sent stuff that got lost.

Anyway, thats going off topic now.
Banned Account
sniper9964

Post by sniper9964 »

No change for First. same frq 166.6375 on base 171.4375 on mobile, if you need the ctcss let me know :-)
radtech
Call Sign: Rich

Post by radtech »

ANCIENTMARINER wrote:Another interesting thing ive noticed recently is the number of Fire and rescue authorities coming back onto paging rather than paying the exhorbitant fees on Airwave. Plenty of call outs and sometimes repeats of the airwave data. Its also easier to identify them with the new Firelink callsigns. I only wish the local FRs was on it but they not took the jump yet.havent seen any of the Scottish brigades on it though. Furthest north ive seen is Northumberland FRS and Cumbria FRS.
Someone told me that West Yorks FRS recently had some data radios fitted by a local firm, possibly for GPS tracking?

The Firelink data portion of the contract was meant to be delivered with the FireControl Regional Centres to deliver national compatibility. Now this portion of the project has been dumped, it seems FRS's are deciding on their own data needs.