worc shopwatch gone digital.

Scanning radio frequencies in the West Midlands
canuck777
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2e1mha

worc shopwatch gone digital.

Post by canuck777 »

:silent: Hi all, it would appear that Worcester shopwatch has gone digital,, dmr presumably.
doubledecks
New User
New User

Re: worc shopwatch gone digital.

Post by doubledecks »

Yes, still works ok with DSDplus
doubledecks
New User
New User

Post by doubledecks »

Just a quick update on this for whoever emailed my directly, this does still appear to be active on the same frequency
wave scanner
New User
New User

Post by wave scanner »

doubledecks wrote:Just a quick update on this for whoever emailed my directly, this does still appear to be active on the same frequency
Hi yes it was me.
I've received it successfully using dsd+ & disc tapped BCTx15 :thumbup:
Now I'm trying to receive it using a hacked Tytera MD-380. The green light comes on with timing traffic but no audio as yet.
Any one successfully using one of these radios in promiscuous mode? :crazy:
mikedavies4
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M3ITE

Post by mikedavies4 »

Anyone let us know the colour code and talkgroup etc for worcester stopwatch please. Also of any other frequencies and codes again dotted around please. I have a uhf Retevis RT3 in my van so would me very grateful for any help.

Mike 2E0DDV
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

mikedavies4 wrote:Anyone let us know the colour code and talkgroup etc for worcester stopwatch please. Also of any other frequencies and codes again dotted around please. I have a uhf Retevis RT3 in my van so would me very grateful for any help.

Mike 2E0DDV
If you install the hacked firmware to your radio - you wont need to know the talkgroups just the colour code ;)
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
Realistic Pro-70 Hyperscan
Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
R820T Dongle ADSB Receiver
TYT-MD380
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

And, if you absolutely have no idea or method of obtaining the CC, then create a couple of zones that scan, one called SW1 and one SW2. Program 15 channels in each, 15 with CC1-15 S1, and one with CC1-15 S2, a royal PITA, but it will get you the info you need, once you have that then you can delete all the crap.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
jhampton2000

Post by jhampton2000 »

>Program 15 channels in each, 15 with CC1-15 S1, and one with CC1-15 S2
I think you actually need to program in 16 channels, 0-15, as DCC0 is also an option (and I have monitored this in use on several systems). But DCC1 is very commonly used.

The advice from Admiral is sound.....note that some DMR handhelds allow the use of 'Pseudo Trunk' for the Slot which will therefore allow you to receive either time slots, and save you programming half the channels listed. Again Slot 1 is most likely to be used. Personally, I'd program the 16 channels of frequency plus DCC0-15 first, locate the right DCC, and then remove the superfluous 15 channels, and then add the second channel with the 2nd timeslot and correct DCC.

However, if encryption is in use (unlikely) and/or RAS is used (which is becoming more popular if they are using MotoTRBO radios) then you will be out of luck.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Ideally get a ten quid TV dongle and follow the zillion online guides to use it to snag the info, a dumb fool like me can do it so you'll have no problems.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

Admiral wrote:Ideally get a ten quid TV dongle and follow the zillion online guides to use it to snag the info, a dumb fool like me can do it so you'll have no problems.
Certainly the easiest option
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
Realistic Pro-70 Hyperscan
Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
R820T Dongle ADSB Receiver
TYT-MD380
mikedavies4
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M3ITE

Post by mikedavies4 »

I had the hacked firmware, didn't really get on with it as the audio was patchy at times. Ill upload it again. I got all the info for Worcs Hospitol, Somerfield Rockets in Kidderminster and another place that I haven't yet identified so I am building up slowly. But again, if there are any other ones that people know, please inbox me the details :)