Lichfield Tesco

Scanning radio frequencies in the West Midlands
avcred
Regular
Regular

Lichfield Tesco

Post by avcred »

new radios never seen those before and they are keeping them out of sight as much as possible quite small with a thin red stripe on the front not been able to close call em my guess mototrbo again ??
:geek:
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Lichfield Tesco

Post by kr0ne »

If you're not getting any close call hits they could well be DECT... does your scanner go up high enough for that?
avcred
Regular
Regular

Post by avcred »

dont think they are mate ive seen the radios they are about the size of an icom r5 with a thin red horizontal red stripe under the display and they at have tesco in large white letters stamped onto the bottom ...i am trying to get a pic of one
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Yeah, see if you can...

There are a lot of DECT walky-talky style devices around now that look just like conventional radios though. I know that most of the Tescos near me use these now as they are far more secure and can hook into the site's PBX.

I had a shot of a Plantronics set a while back for an evaluation at work and was surprised at how much like a walky-talky it looked. I can't remember the model off the top of my head but it was similar to this: http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/ca12cd