they must love there jobs or hate there partners and kids lol
Thanks for reading.
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: All UK Shopwatch Frequencies 2012

Post by liamcarbin »

benw18 wrote:
liamcarbin wrote:If the police are needed then Golf Whiskey/Pappa Control get contact them through the tetra/airwave terminals they have.
The local shopping centre will not have access to an Airwave terminal. The council CCTV control room will, but certainly not the shopping centre.
You are quite right, Shopping centre can get hold of PCSO though as they carry one of the shopwatch radios around with them.
houstonboyuk wrote:they must love there jobs or hate there partners and kids lol
:lol:

Have you had any luck getting them on your radio? or are they encrypted?

I'm sure it wont be much longer until the one here changes over to the dark side.
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
Realistic Pro-70 Hyperscan
Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
R820T Dongle ADSB Receiver
TYT-MD380
houstonboyuk
Regular
Regular

Post by houstonboyuk »

nothings at all here, I got Lincoln the other day when i was over there but it was scrambled.
Thanks for reading.
scanking

Post by scanking »

houstonboyuk wrote:hello everyone, ive just done a search on Ofcom's website for Gainsborough frequencies. I found:

SK 814 898
TX: 456.7 MHz
RX: 462.2 MHz
Bandwidth: 12.5 kHz

registered to West Lindsey District Council

Can anyone in or near Gainsborough with a scanner, check this for me please.
Frequencies for this Licence(0833750) are 456.69375 MHZ TX and 462.19375 MHZ RX Narrow FM.
Ham: Yaesu FT-100D, Yaesu FC-20.
CB: KPO DX 5000(V4), TTI-TCB-880.
Scanner: Uniden Bearcat UBC 3500XLT, Alinco DJ-X3, Yupiteru MVT-7100.
PMR 446: Binatone Terrain 550.
26-TM-2407
houstonboyuk
Regular
Regular

Post by houstonboyuk »

ok thanks, ill give that a go, cheers

Added: do you know the ctcss tone?
Thanks for reading.
scanking

Post by scanking »

houstonboyuk wrote:ok thanks, ill give that a go, cheers

Added: do you know the ctcss tone?
No.

Shopwatch is run by a partnership of West Lindsay District Council, Lincolnshire Police and the
Gainsborough area Chamber. In Marshall Yard where that license is located. You will have to have a listen and see.
26-TM-2407
houstonboyuk
Regular
Regular

Post by houstonboyuk »

ok thanks
Thanks for reading.
scanking

Post by scanking »

http://www.mitier.co.uk/Present%20Activities.htm

This is who supplies the radios and does the maintenance.
26-TM-2407
benw18

Post by benw18 »

jamieparkes2011 wrote: yes i did are they correct ?
No, I can see at least 10-15 frequencies which are incorrect. I have worked on several of the systems personally. As you are aware the majority of systems are moving over to digital. We have another 3 Shopwatch/Pubwatch systems changing over this month to TRBO.

Houstonboyuk... Depending on who supplied the radios depends how far they have gone with the inversion. On the Icom radios there are option boards for increased inversion and/or rolling inversion (although they are rarely used).

It should simply be a case of setting the frequencies and leaving the CTCSS clear or off (unless you know the CTCSS). If they are using inversion that can be quite a challenge! This is why there are several Icom systems in use, as inversion is a standard feature. Whereas with Motorola the quality might be better, however there is no standard 'encryption' facility (with analogue radios).

Having not programmed Icom radios for a long time there may well be some default inversion points in the programming software. Might be worth trying each of these once you have narrowed the frequency down.

Also, I beleive Lincoln is moving to TRBO within the next 6-9 months.

Enjoy it while you can chaps... The digital takeover has well and truley arrived! And with a large percentage of systems being encrypted (all of our Shopwatch systems are encrypted to basic privacy as a minimum) I cannot see a device being able to scan that- although un-encrypted is possible with DSD.
houstonboyuk
Regular
Regular

Post by houstonboyuk »

thanks for all of your advice. I've turned ctcss off i still get static, I've turned my squelch to the highest but still getting it. i think i might give up and buy the same radio as the one i use at work lol
Thanks for reading.
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

benw18 wrote:
jamieparkes2011 wrote: yes i did are they correct ?
3 Shopwatch/Pubwatch systems changing over this month to TRBO.
Which are they? Is Stoke one of the Three?
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
TYT-MD380
benw18

Post by benw18 »

Not that I am aware of Liam, I don't beleive Stoke is one of ours! it's certainly not down for changeover this month if it is.

Just as a pointer... When systems are changing over the analogue system is often left active for approx 2 weeks. The reason for this is it gives time for businesses to get purchase orders approved by head office, smaller businesses time to raise cash etc etc. This means the CCTV control, and usually at least one of the key members on the scheme have both analogue and digital frequencies programmed to scan on their radios. Once the cut-off date has been reached the analogue system will be decommissioned. By then if the shops/pubs etc haven't got a new radio they will be added to the digital systems as and when they submit payment, membership etc. Even with several months advanced warning about the changeover many businesses 'forget', and even after 2 weeks they are still not on the new system!

So... when you start to notice a drop off in comm's, it is a sign that maybe the system is changing over to digital! It's also not uncommon for the councils or scheme leaders to advertise the new system in the local newspapers etc. 90% of people who listen to their local Shopwatch schemes are just interested in what's going on, although the other 10% are the crims who, I'm sure we all agree, we wan't to keep as isolated as possible from any intelligence.

Houstonboyuk... It's worth remembering that even if you buy an identical radio you still need to know the relevant programming information!
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

Very interesting, so the individual shops that are on the shopwatch at the moment have to pay themselves for a radio upgrade? Would of thought the council would of payed for the current business to be upgraded.
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
TYT-MD380
benw18

Post by benw18 »

liamcarbin wrote:Very interesting, so the individual shops that are on the shopwatch at the moment have to pay themselves for a radio upgrade? Would of thought the council would of payed for the current business to be upgraded.
Different schemes have different options. Depending on which company is used there might be an option to hire the radio on a monthly basis from the comm's company. If the scheme is cash rich they (being the scheme) might buy all of the radios outright (from the dealer) and force all users to hire only direct from the scheme. Other schemes have a mixture of buying outright or renting from the comm's company... As I say, lots of different options. There are also often membership fees to pay to join the scheme, some of which include the rental of the radio as part of the membership fee. This is a good way for the scheme to keep track of radios as only those who pay up their fee's remain on the system. If they don't pay they can get locked-out/stunned from the scheme, or simply have the radio revoked.

The actual scheme itself will have a commitment to upgrade the system over time. Many towns and cities have dedicated 'companies' set up in order to manage the finances of the scheme. In large cities this can actually create full time jobs for people to manage the business. In smaller towns it often compromises of the local chamber of commerce and members of the Shopwatch scheme who meet as a steering group to make decisions about when and where money should be spent. Some schemes are run far better than others, and consequently the results are far greater and more professional.

Councils generally pay for council used radios, such as- CCTV, libraries, car park attendants, street wardens, sport centres etc. Councils will sometimes pay, or subsidise part of the infrastructure cost for repeaters, PC dispatch clients, antennas etc. Police forces often have an involvement in the system and sometimes buy their own radios, or use the councils 'spare' radios. I know of a few companies that heavily discount the cost of radios that are directly purchased for Police or councils use.

An interesting system is in Coventry, which up until recently the whole city was managed by a company called CV1. Coventry council have now taken back control of city management, but the infrastructure remains as it was, having only recently been upgraded to a Tait MPT system.

It is a minefield out there, and lots and lots of red tape... I understand (to an extent) why people are interested in listening in, but for god sake don't advertise the fact you monitor the system! People like to think their analogue systems are 'un-breakable' when the reality, as we all know, they are not...

If you type 'Gainsborough Shopwatch' into Google this thread pops up pretty quick (5th down?!)... Sort of giving the game away :lol:
houstonboyuk
Regular
Regular

Post by houstonboyuk »

I meant that i will tell my boss to get a new radio from the chairman.
Thanks for reading.