TETRA Cardiff Radio Net

Scanning radio frequencies in Wales
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

TETRA Cardiff Radio Net

Post by welshevo »

morning all .... just wondering if the Cardiff tetra net has now moved freq or switched off and moved to DMR? as the usual freq of 422.550 is no longer showing on my SDR... but an obscure freq of 440.100 is showing as a tetra freq but without Telive its all guess work? anyone know what PMR products are doing :D hahah
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
phillmobile
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: TETRA Cardiff Radio Net

Post by phillmobile »

didnt think tetra was legal on pmr bands
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

They have been using a Tetra network in Cardiff for shop/pubwatch etc for a number of years. Not sure why you would think it not legal?

I seem to remember mention of a similar network in Bristol.

I just haven't taken the plunge yet and invested in any digital gear, so its not something I listen to myself, so have no knowledge of the Tetra Net changing frequency.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
jhampton2000

Post by jhampton2000 »

>I seem to remember mention of a similar network in Bristol.
It's Cabots Circus that is also TETRA - provided by the same people who do the Cardiff Shopwatch. According to the WTR, this seems to be a new frequency allocation. It's quite unusual to have a 440-425Mhz split for TETRA, and according to the folks who provided the Nottingham Trams TETRA network, a bit technically challenging too. Quite why that's the case (maybe it was the task of modifying/re-banding the kit they usually provide) seems odd: I doubt it's a particular problem for the Hyteras used by this supplier.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Post by bigbloke »

the tetra net is expanding, moved out of the Arqiva owned spectrum

the "not for profit" organisation that runs it has more new licences set up around September this year (see WTR)

One of the new sites is Rhymney Hill nick it seems.

The organisations website advises that PMR products still maintain and administer the network.

Regards

BB