Cardiff Frequencies

Scanning radio frequencies in Wales
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Re: Cardiff Frequencies

Post by bigbloke »

looking back through some historic codeplugs queens arcade storenet used to be on 456.825 with CTCSS 88.5

a 20 second check of the WTR reveals that this frequency is now allocated to the millenium stadium

http://spectruminfo.ofcom.org.uk/spectr ... 00%2076000

therefore its not unreasonable to surmise that the queens arcade storenet is now on the TETRA safetynet

regards

BB
Bruin
Regular
Regular

Post by Bruin »

The Cardiff freq I have saved as "Storenet" is 453.6937 on which they often descrind shoplifters but there's the occasional "Digital" beeps on there as well.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by bigbloke »

thats an odd frequency Bruin? - almost a 6.25 step , are you getting it on an RTL stick ? or the bearcat ?

The nearest match on cardiff is canton storenet on 453.700 +6.25 KHz which is definitely analogue

the nearest non cardiff matches are porth and merthyr storenets both also on .700

my guess is that your receving it on the bearcat in auto or Fm mode and the AFC is pulling it onto .700
or your listening on an RTL stick and the PPM correction is ever-so-slightly out

regards

BB
Last edited by bigbloke on 13 Dec 2015, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
Bruin
Regular
Regular

Post by Bruin »

I'm a very basic scanner. I've a Bearcat 3500 and a 15x. The 15x is in a straight-from-the-box state apart from plugging in to the PC now and then and updating the freqs from Bctools. I'm ex-RAF so still enjoy listening to aircraft and anything else I can pick up. I've a Discone up in the loft in West Cardiff.
Perhaps I did put the freq in wrong, Can't remember where I got it from. I'll put 453.700 in as well and see what happens, Thanks.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by bigbloke »

After 42 years in the hobby Ive built up a fair old set of scanners here:

AR8000
AR5000+3 / SDU5500
AR3000A+
BCT-15
UBC3500
JIL SX200

as well as the ham / pro gear

Ive just ordered a 15x from the states as ive recently played with an AoR DV-1 and I think I will be better served by a BCT-15X for analogue and use my old 15 (non x) with DSD+ for digital. great sets up to 512MHz but dont show them any preamp ! they dont like more than 3dB up 'em :-)

regards

BB