mototrbo Frequencies

Scanning radio frequencies in Wales
powermax104
Regular
Regular

Re: mototrbo Frequencies

Post by powermax104 »

Does anyone have any idea what the Rhyl shopwatch TG, CC and slot is? I know the frequency is 453.925
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Post by welshevo »

Unfortunately I don't know the info however get dsd+ on the situation that should give you the info you require...
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
powermax104
Regular
Regular

Post by powermax104 »

Cheers welshevo! :) I ordered the RTL2832U today so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. I'm excited to get going as I've found quite a few DMR frequencies in my area! :)

I've downloaded the VB cable and DSD+ (version 1.074)

Is there any other software I need to download?

I've been reading up on the set up process and it seems a little tricky, or at least I see lots of people struggling to get it working, so I fear I may struggle too.
I notice that the older versions of DSD required the SDR sharp software to acquire all the info such as TG's and CC'S but now it's all included?
Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm only just beginning to venture into the SDR world.
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Post by welshevo »

so far so good then dude.... i currently use SDR# piped out with virtual cable into DSD+ 1.5 and that gives me everything... i haven't got the new version just yet ... i don't think the new DSD+ runs standalone? i could be wrong but hey if it does then im on it! save me time! ha once your SDR dongle arrives you will find your scanning world will open right up! ... Welcome aboard! and prepare to be engrossed into a SDR waterfall for a good while! haha
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
powermax104
Regular
Regular

Post by powermax104 »

I can't wait, it didn't turn up today but hopefully tomorrow now! :) I've put a link below for anyone that wants to try the new DSD+

http://www.dsdplus.com/category/dsdplus/
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

When im over at my partner's place nr Mostyn i use GB7PN a bit when im stooging round Prestatyn .. Not many on it though.. G7 with the broad Yorkshire accent!
The gas terminal at Point of Ayr are on mototrbo as is one of camps at Talacre..
powermax104
Regular
Regular

Post by powermax104 »

Hi LeakyFeeder, what's the frequency etc for the camp at Talacre?
Cheers
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

powermax104 wrote:Hi LeakyFeeder, what's the frequency etc for the camp at Talacre?
Cheers
At the mo i dont know as ive only seen the radios they use but DP2400's means its almost certainly digi.. Going to hers for a few days next week so will have my other wireless sniff em out
powermax104
Regular
Regular

Post by powermax104 »

Great stuff let us know if you get any details :)
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Post by bigbloke »

welshevo wrote:... i don't think the new DSD+ runs standalone? i could be wrong but hey if it does then im on it!
DSD+ has ALWAYS worked standalone. in fact the best results are obtained, in my experience, standalone if you have a radio with a standardised mini-din "9600 packet" port e.g. FT-847 / Icom 706 MKIIg.

As long as you have a virtual audio cable, you dont need the SDR# plugin - although it does integrate
rather nicely.

On some screen resolutions (e.g. my 1200 x 800 windows tablet) you may need to update the plugin to see the [APPLY] and [CANCEL] buttons in the plugin "configure" menu

Regards

BB

PS-JFTR - I run a "706 in the car with the 9600 packet port feeding a small windows tablet which connects to the car stereo via HDMI for audio video out and soundcard in for audio capture

I select AV1 on the stereo and when the rig stops on DMR traffic I turn down the rig and turn up the stereo. I control the tablet (when parked) with a small bluetooth trackball.