my first contact!

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
TimBucknall

my first contact!

Post by TimBucknall »

after ages of calling to no avail, i caught some truck drivers on a nearby main road on UKCH01, they were really nice guys and they gave me a signal report and told me about what they were doing

theres no going back now i'm officially hooked!
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by kc »

:D :D :D Congratulations.
My first experience of radio was at Tec Collage on their amateur radio kit, I then got into ex military equipment before I started building my own FM & SW kit & then got into CB & I still remember my first QSO, it was on a 40 channel AM Tcver back in the late 70's.
Also my wife had her first QSO on the Amateur bands last week.
So I know exactly what you mean, those firsts, even if they are after a break are like champagne.
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

My first CB dalience was with my scout leader, in a church, in the days of AM!

I sidebanded a bit with a Colt 1600DX, which I still have but it needs repaired. My first radio was a TRC 1005 handheld (Realistic) but also made my way through such rigs as a Midland 2001 (I have another gathering dust somewhere) a York 863, Ham Major something or other, and I had a Sharp AM rig too.

I also had a Uniden 100 and a President KP77, witha few extra's, as did my Colt.

Not a bad collection considering I was only on my own setup for about 10 years from 1985. I live in a tower block now which restricts me a bit, but having a listen via my scanner, not a lot seems to be happening.
Banned Account
Sandhound

Re: my first contact!

Post by Sandhound »

TimBucknall wrote:after ages of calling to no avail, i caught some truck drivers on a nearby main road on UKCH01, they were really nice guys and they gave me a signal report and told me about what they were doing

theres no going back now i'm officially hooked!

Congratulations on your first contact.