TUNNING A SIRIO GPE ANTENNA HELP NEEDED

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

TUNNING A SIRIO GPE ANTENNA HELP NEEDED

Post by WARLOCK »

My Gainmaster has finaly given up on me ( broke into 2 bits ) i am about to put up a sirio GPE up , the one with the groundplains , having had it for so long new in the shed i have lost the manual for it , the bit i need to know is how much of the tuning top section will i need to leave out , i mostly use 27.555 HELP PLEASE
Blackolive
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: G4WCS

Re: TUNNING A SIRIO GPE ANTENNA HELP NEEDED

Post by Blackolive »

The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Mudslinger mentions he uses one of these aerials on the next topic to this. Perhaps pick his brains if the info given by Black Olive isnt what you need ;)
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

There seems to be two variatios, my older one was 22 feet long at 6 sections plus tip, the newer one is 5 sections plus tip and only about 20 feet long. These instructions look like they would be for the earlier one.

There is a tuning table on here.

http://www.sirioantenne.it/images/pdf/m ... id-037.pdf

If you tune it for 27.5 MHz (487mm from the top of the adjustment collar to the base of the ball) it should be pretty good, or at least my one was.

There is a diagram on the instructions too. ;)

Make sure you tape over the joins, and don't just rely on the waterproof collars. They don't work very well.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.