Thunderpole 5/8 Wave Hi-Gain With Ground Planes

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
popeye11100
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108ct216

Thunderpole 5/8 Wave Hi-Gain With Ground Planes

Post by popeye11100 »

Hello All

I am Oldyy But Newbie cber after 30 yrs i have taken up cb in a big way.. But due to to myself being disabled i am haveing trouble with an Aerial i bought From Thunderpole.

Thunderpole 5/8 Wave Hi-Gain With Ground Planes.. The Box Did not come with Destruction Manual..????

I have looked on youtube but nothing.

It would be great if someone can point me to a pdf please and thank you.

With thanks... popeye11100
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Thunderpole 5/8 Wave Hi-Gain With Ground Planes

Post by The Collector »

Have you phoned/emailed Thunderpole to ask for some?
Samalex
Call Sign: MM0

Post by Samalex »

Length: 21.5 feet or there about
usually if the length is around that and you have it in the air it should be close to what you need
each section fits in to each other and the three ground planes fit on the bottom as per picture on web site
popeye11100
Regular
Regular

Post by popeye11100 »

Thank you so much..

Yes i did phone thunderpole but no luck.. so i had to pay £170 to get a £30 aerial fitted and tuned ...crazy..

hanks again
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Jeez...did they gold-plate it for you at the same time? ;)

Glad you got it sorted though, but boy were those missing instructions expensive.

It's always annoying when you have to shell out for something like that when you could possibly do it on your own but for your disability.

In the old days there was a fair bit of cameraderie between fellow CB'ers, but as they're few and usually VERY far between nowadays, it's not as easy to get a few "airwave-mates" around to give you a hand hoiking an aerial up for the price of a cuppa and a chat.

I hope you're enjoying the airwaves though, that's the main thing. I heard an Italian coming through nice and clearly on mid-block FM today when I popped home for lunch and switched my homebase on to listen to while I was soldering a mic' plug. He was certainly riding the skip, so there's a few contacts to be had ;)
popeye11100
Regular
Regular

Post by popeye11100 »

:thumbup: Thank You @The Collecor

I sure am ... i know have met alot of great people who have helped me alot.. i NOW HAVE Antron99 plus a few other aerials fitted up .

and my list of riggs is growing fast.. from brand new to oldy,s like Uniden 2830/president linnon/ Ham International Mulitmode 2. Plus Afew Amps

So now yes Sir I am all sorted
Thank You. :thumbup:
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Your list is impressive, although well short of my 100+ crappy UKFM radios lol (yours are probably worth 20 times more already though ;) )