Anyone recognise these?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
36ian

Anyone recognise these?

Post by 36ian »

I was listening on 20M earlier and came across a station in New York, when I went to his QRZ page these were on his shack wall in the photo's.

At least a couple of them look to be from England but they are not Groups / Clubs that I recognise. The only one I'm familiar with is AT group so no medals for that I'm afraid!

andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT013

Re: Anyone recognise these?

Post by andrew013 »

these where most definatley from the 90 `s by the look of them , i worked and confirmed 2 guys from the SA GROUP 1SA 031 AND 1SA 086
the nearest i got to the AT was 13AT141 confirmed , the echo kilo was also an AT by the looks of it , back when people didnt mind you being in more than one group , and i thought i rememberd having the cornish qsl card myself but its nowhere to be found , tho i did lose loads in a house move many years back
on air,tyne&wear,northumberland,durham,holy island,eu120+eu124 and anywhere from gateshead/north wales
scrap uk 40 give cbers L/M/Hcalling on 27.355/555 usb qsy 27.015 lsb/410 usb cb radio is for life not just for profits
i do cb radio not 11mtres,countrys worked 2015 with imax 2000 72
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT239

Re: Anyone recognise these?

Post by Tim »

That's one thing I don't particularly agree with, any DX group dictating that you belong to one and one only, why should anyone be dictated to as to what groups you can or cannot be a member of on 11 meter band?, it's supposed to be a free band.

The cards shown are I would say were from the 1990's, propagation was running strong, all day and most of the night, those were the days! I vividly recall sitting in a freezing cold shed at midnight on Christmas day having a QSO with Tahiti on my Superstar 360FM and Zetagi BV131 through a 3 element Yagi on a 23 foot tower. I still have all my QSL cards packed in two cardboard boxes in no particular order other than as they came in the post amounting to a couple of hundred from 164 different Countries/divisions and 46 of the 50 US States.