Tuning CB and setting SWR

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Qaho
Registered New User
Registered New User

Tuning CB and setting SWR

Post by Qaho »

Guys, I need some help on this one. I need to tweak the power on my CB and set the SWR. I have a meter to so that, but the CB that is in the rear luggage compartment on my 2008 GL1800 does not fit the connections. I have a PL259 on the antenna that will fit one side, but the transmitter side has something different. All the CBs I ever used had two PL259 plugs on them to set the power and SWR.
Anyone have any idea where I can get some adapter plugs to fit my system?
astradyne

Re: Tuning CB and setting SWR

Post by astradyne »

Hi. If you could post some photo's of the connector on the back of your radio it would help us offer advice. Are you sure it's a CB radio and not some VHF/UHF equipment?
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Re: Tuning CB and setting SWR

Post by Mitch »

Looking at pics of the kits it appears to be a car radio aerial type barrel connector on a fly lead. Don't know what they're called though but it shouldn't be hard to make up a lead from components. I wouldn't try to tweak CB power though, better off getting a burner. It's AM so higher power means quieter modulation usually.
The perfect face for radio.