Cobra MKV Spares/Parts...

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
PeterA
Regular
Regular

Cobra MKV Spares/Parts...

Post by PeterA » 14 Oct 2018, 12:01

Spent the best part of the last few days searching and reading every Thread and Post I could find about these as I have one that needs fixing...

Ended up with one of these years ago in a deal... unsure how it ended up without various parts although someone possibly robbed it of certain parts to keep as spares or to fix another?

The main item is the rotary encoder, anyone got any ideas what I can use as a replacement for the original as not much hope of finding a second hand one that someone would be willing to sell I don't think?

Any and all help/info appreciated...

Thanks.

Fireproof
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM165

Re: Cobra MKV Spares/Parts...

Post by Fireproof » 14 Oct 2018, 15:36

As you may know working these are worth big bucks, actually just as spares they fetch silly money also.
Parts I would guess would be very hard to come by, maybe try Nick Black Spirit he is the resident radio tech on here.
Good luck with the repair.
President Grant Silver MK1
President Lincoln Taiwan
Cobra 148 GTL DX MK2
TAIWAN NOS RULES!

PeterA
Regular
Regular

Post by PeterA » 14 Oct 2018, 15:55

Fireproof wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 15:36
As you may know working these are worth big bucks, actually just as spares they fetch silly money also.
Parts I would guess would be very hard to come by, maybe try Nick Black Spirit he is the resident radio tech on here.
Good luck with the repair.
I've not seen one sell yet... but read all the older Threads/Posts on here about the frenzy and craziness that ensues!

I ended up having to sell all my gear/setup years ago due to one thing and another but kept a couple of bits back including this MKV to fix some day...

It will never be sold, if I can't repair/fix it now... I'll wrap and box it back up and keep my eyes open for another in the same kinda state/condition to pop up eventually!?! :crazy:

Appreciate the info, will drop Nick (BlackSpirit) a message!

Thanks. :thumbup:

Fireproof
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM165

Post by Fireproof » 14 Oct 2018, 16:08

No problem hopefully you will get it up and running very soon, awaiting to drool over the pictures.

73'S for now
President Grant Silver MK1
President Lincoln Taiwan
Cobra 148 GTL DX MK2
TAIWAN NOS RULES!

cb4ever104
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cb4ever104 » 14 Oct 2018, 18:59

Try sending "Radio Pete" a PM , or email . You don't have that many posts , so I'm not sure if you'll be able to . Anyway . I think he worked with John back in the day , so he may be able to help you with parts etc.

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.

PeterA
Regular
Regular

Post by PeterA » 14 Oct 2018, 19:32

Fireproof wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 15:36
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cobra-Jentec ... SwtbxbqhVk

I knew to expect bidding/prices to be silly but thats just mental!?! :shock:

I own one and even I wouldn't pay that much, especially non working spares or repairs... {bnghd}
cb4ever104 wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 18:59
Try sending "Radio Pete" a PM , or email . You don't have that many posts , so I'm not sure if you'll be able to . Anyway . I think he worked with John back in the day , so he may be able to help you with parts etc.

Sammy
Hi Sammy,

Saw "Radio Pete's" replies in most if not all the threads on the subject when searching... dropped him a message earlier.

Definately picked the right forum to ask for help I think

Appreciate the info...

Thanks,

Pete. :thumbup: