Drilling a hole.

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Drilling a hole.

Post by ch25 »

Antenna against the wall, really?
If SWR i reasonable your meter is crap or antenna is piece of junk.
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM413

Post by sureshot »

ch25 wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 18:57 Antenna against the wall, really?
If SWR i reasonable your meter is crap or antenna is piece of junk.
Chris
It's ok, 1.2.0 with a matcher 1.1.2 good enough for what is was previously used for, 80 channels UK / Cept.
CB call. Shipwreck.
Bigdave
Legend
Legend

Post by Bigdave »

Why not move it to the corner,that's gona stop reflecting off the wall and should drop the swr a bit.......................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bigdave on 24 Apr 2018, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
26 TM 1248
WINNER of INB4TL, the big battle edition 16/07/23
OFTEN IMITATED,BUT NEVER INTIMIDATED.
WINNER of INB4TL,the no interest edition 18/03/24
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

On the outer corner will mean the whip can stick up straight too, albeit at a few degrees to pass past the upstairs balcony.
Bigdave
Legend
Legend

Post by Bigdave »

There ya go then,win win all round...............
26 TM 1248
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sureshot »

I'm not allowed to have it on the outer side of the balcony, nothing that overhangs. If I pull it in closer it will be nearer the wall. Thanks for the tips and advise, much appreciated. :)
First time in a while a couple of nights back, I had a long over with a local guy. Over an hour or so I think, nothing got above 60°C as I could easily keep a hand on it. So acceptable for now. The wind up here is really thrashing that whip about, the cat like watching it lol.
CB call. Shipwreck.
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sureshot »

Bigdave wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 15:55 Why not move it to the corner,that's gona stop reflecting off the wall and should drop the swr a bit.......................
Same distance from the wall on both corners, balcony is centred to the main walls all round. As in each side that has balconys.
CB call. Shipwreck.
prettypolly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26FB185

Post by prettypolly »

Could have a mounted stealth folded dipole if the measurements are within reason
Bigdave
Legend
Legend

Post by Bigdave »

sureshot wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 18:56
Bigdave wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 15:55 Why not move it to the corner,that's gona stop reflecting off the wall and should drop the swr a bit.......................
Same distance from the wall on both corners, balcony is centred to the main walls all round. As in each side that has balconys.

I think you may of misunderstood me,or I didn't do a good enough job of explaining. It would be the same distance as it's square to the wall I'm guessing,but have it on the corner of the balcony,is definitely further away from the wall than where you have it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
26 TM 1248
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sureshot »

Yes Dave I misunderstood you, sorry about that. I've got a balcony floor area of approximately 8' × 4' or there abouts. Inwards is the building wall, and the steel structure furthest outwards from the buildings wall. The antenna nearest the wall is not being used at the moment.
Beyond the constraints of space and structures I'm very limited, I am surprised the SWR is as good as it is on the Sirio 4000. It's only on a 300°mm galvanised steel plate held down with hdd magnets.
I can't put anything bang in the middle of the balcony, or I risk upsetting her who is boss lol.
From the top of the balcony railing I could move the Springer out the the furthest edge. But the Siro has the constraints of head room.
CB call. Shipwreck.
ClubbaUK
Regular
Regular

Post by ClubbaUK »

You could cut from corner of the metal sheet (in your first pic) towards centre, then fold over the edges and use the screws on the balcony shielding to hold it and give you a corner shelf.
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sureshot »

ClubbaUK wrote: 08 May 2018, 14:41 You could cut from corner of the metal sheet (in your first pic) towards centre, then fold over the edges and use the screws on the balcony shielding to hold it and give you a corner shelf.
I think I get what you mean, those fasteners are tamper proof. I have security bits that will fit them. But unfortunately it's a no go to alter any part of the balcony structure, even for a simple shelf plate. :(
CB call. Shipwreck.
Bigdave
Legend
Legend

Post by Bigdave »

Fook me who's your landlord,the Gestapo........................
26 TM 1248
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sureshot »

Bigdave wrote: 11 May 2018, 06:45 Fook me who's your landlord,the Gestapo........................
Might as well be yes, if a sweet wrapper blew out your hand... There's a sign by the lift in the corridor saying chuck it off the balcony lose your flat. :shock:
CB call. Shipwreck.