LINCOIN 2 V3

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Tom
Call Sign: BPO6O

LINCOIN 2 V3

Post by Tom »

Looks like I will be going back to the old radios sent it down to nick played with it but still like the 3900 and the cobra 148 gtl dx mark 2 and the voyagers . looks great sounds great but the old ones still get me .have to see what comes up :)
Ur5by9

Re: LINCOIN 2 V3

Post by Ur5by9 »

I must admit I have a few of the newer type - Alinco dr135 dx however I like my old Ham Concorde 2 and I've just sent away a Saturn for alignment
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

I don't mind the older radios but I found the Voyage to be a badly built drift box compared to most older radios.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Even radio's such as the 3900's are falling into the older radio category now. They started off as a very good radio indeed (the Dirland's for example), but during the mid 90's corners started being cut with build quality and the quality of components. So they went from a radio well worth owning to something openly ridiculed. Benchmark radio's like the 148/Lincoln 1/Jackson etc are very much buyer beware these days. You just dont know what kind of life/abuse they've had.

It's arguable that a happy medium would be something like the Anytone 5555 or one of it's alternatively badged variants. The V6 is a very useable radio and very good value for money. At less than £150 brand new with a warranty they're more than affordable and haven't been in the hands of the golden screwdriver brigade.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...