albrect AE-6110 / CRT ONE mini radios any good ???

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

albrect AE-6110 / CRT ONE mini radios any good ???

Post by WARLOCK »

Its me again Looking for small radio to fit into my car ,Have seen advertised a albrect AE-6110 and a CRT-ONE very small radios has anyone used either of these radios or been in contact with anyone using one if so how do they sound ,If not these any other very small radios you can recomend ???
mrpsychopath
Call Sign: 108tm1313

Re: albrect AE-6110 / CRT ONE mini radios any good ???

Post by mrpsychopath »

The albrecht seems ok, just bought one, they are tiny. Once you get menu sorted out they are quite good. It might end up in work van. Wish it could be modded or re programmed to switch between am fm and mid uk without all the faffing. Would do the wideband mod but i would lose muppets.
Kill em all and let god sort them out.
sickboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by sickboy »

I bought a CRT ONE N for around £45 a few weeks ago but it had one flaw I didn't like. To adjust the volume or squelch, you need to press a menu button, followed by either up or down on the channel buttons on the mic. I don't know about where you live, but my town has a lot of areas with high noise interference, so I like to adjust the squelch up or down a little while I'm driving around, and found it pretty difficult to do. If you just keep the squelch at a higher setting you miss half of what people are saying. Nice compact rigs with good TX & RX audio, but not easy to adjust while driving.
I sold it at a loss and bought a President Barry for £62. Brilliant rig, big easy to read display and has conventional vol & squelch controls.
Embrace your inner muppet !
mrpsychopath

Post by mrpsychopath »

I just turned the squelch off,
Avenger
Call Sign: 163TM122

Post by Avenger »

I've got a crt one in the jeep and it works very well, As mrpsychopath say's just keep the squelch off and use the volume control as normal.
163TM122 - ROB
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Someone local to me has the Team version of the CRT 1 N.

I am not that keen, it is fiddly to use and I wasn't keen on the TX Audio.

Personally I would rather have something slightly bigger that is easier to use, and that could be used with a different mic.

The New basic Presidents look to be worth a look, if you can find them at a good price.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
scott

Post by scott »

Hi warlock the 6110 is a fab wee radio in either standard eu multi norm as is or 25 to 30 mhz when modded .8 watts high power , but radio does get very warm indeed .i had one of the first radios from first batch that came into the country and have well documented my findings .i used the radio on 11m as well as 10m am and fm with good results and even better when hooked up to a small amp .Also have a look at the CRT2000 , this is the radio that replaced the 6110 only due to having more power(15 watt) and loads more things in radio .hope this helps de scott
MiXiN

Post by MiXiN »

scott wrote:Hi warlock the 6110 is a fab wee radio in either standard eu multi norm as is or 25 to 30 mhz when modded .8 watts high power , but radio does get very warm indeed .i had one of the first radios from first batch that came into the country and have well documented my findings .i used the radio on 11m as well as 10m am and fm with good results and even better when hooked up to a small amp .Also have a look at the CRT2000 , this is the radio that replaced the 6110 only due to having more power(15 watt) and loads more things in radio .hope this helps de scott
Please can you direct me to, or tell me the process for the wideband modification for the 6110.
cubwolf
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M3CBY

Post by cubwolf »

I had the CRT one but didnt like the faff for the squelch so bought the president andy.
Works very well and can be export modded and retain the UK 40
mrpsychopath

Post by mrpsychopath »

I was going ro ask if the export mod could be switched, so you could choose between export or multi to retain the uk
Phoenix
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Phoenix »

Probably the best small radio you can buy today Albrecht 6110 very impresed with mine...always get good reports
26TM114
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

You need to close OP1 to open it up to 25.615-30.105 AM/FM, as it's a bridge then in theory a discrete switch should toggle between the two, but theory and actual usually vary wildly.
OP-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
mrpsychopath

Post by mrpsychopath »

Think i will get rid off all my modern stuff and stick to the older radios.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

mrpsychopath wrote:Think i will get rid off all my modern stuff and stick to the older radios.

Sounds like a plan.

I can see why people would want a nice new radio, but sadly expectations don't always live up to reality.

You would expect a newer radio to be better, but often that isn't always the case.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
mrpsychopath

Post by mrpsychopath »

Yep, they work ok, but they are tiny. When you have big paws, the buttons and knobs are too small, lol