Ideas to make CB Radio Great Again ; )

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ideas to make CB Radio Great Again ; )

Post by mof000 »

stanogs68 wrote:i put a lizard tank with every thing on freegle and some fella was going what conditions it in and all that cheeky gets its free !
A friend gave my eldest son a bearded dragon for free but we needed to buy a vivarium, lighting etc.....
I asked him how much it would cost and he said " 90-£100."
Famous last words..... I was down in Swaffham at the time and nearly 100 miles away from home. My son was over the moon about the Bearded Dragon! It cost just short of £200 for the Viv and furniture... I nearly died!
I'll pay whatever i think it's worth...:-)
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

PS,CB was still dead after buying the vivarium... So that didn't help making it great?
Checkpointcharlie
Banned
Banned

Post by Checkpointcharlie »

How about if people only used 19 for calling on only that would be a start :-)
Broad sword calling Danny boy......
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

ithink there should be a cb site were the channels are divided into different groups for different channels like a chat room ? so theres a channel for every one ? and just hope people stay on there own channel
love your familly
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

I'ts called TM1!
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

thats true but theres no sound we should all get off and get on are cbs ,i do and i do enjoy iy ,its still full of good lads and with skip and sideband you get loads of europe its great or lets have talk on here :thumbup: :thumbup:
love your familly
Hamerman
Regular
Regular

Post by Hamerman »

Buick Mackane wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 12:36 I'm old enough to remember ''the golden days'' of CB, 50 people on every channel, Everyone and their granny had a CB, People forget how big it was back then, But like all crazes it was short lived, But great fun while it lasted

Those were the days but sadly I don't think they will ever come back. At least in those days people used to speak to each other unlike today were it's either emails or text messages etc...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Hamerman wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 23:07
Buick Mackane wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 12:36 I'm old enough to remember ''the golden days'' of CB, 50 people on every channel, Everyone and their granny had a CB, People forget how big it was back then, But like all crazes it was short lived, But great fun while it lasted

Those were the days but sadly I don't think they will ever come back. At least in those days people used to speak to each other unlike today were it's either emails or text messages etc...
Will you be quiet!!! I'm trying to type on my phone here whilst looking at ebay on my laptop and talking to Siri. People are irrelevant ;)
Hamerman
Regular
Regular

Post by Hamerman »

The Collector wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 15:24
Hamerman wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 23:07

Will you be quiet!!! I'm trying to type on my phone here whilst looking at ebay on my laptop and talking to Siri. People are irrelevant ;)
Lol....
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Maybe if some promoters start promoting CB radio in the same way,they try their best to promote amateur radio to the younger generation who attend fee paying schools/scouts/guides/air shows etc,and other such events/organisations,who are told about amateur radio,but lets be honest the majority of youngsters don't care 1 bit for any form of radio,and the tryers can keep trying to promote a dying form of communication if they want,gives them something to do I suppose ;)

Would CB be any busier if it had been promoted more over the last 30 year ? = I doubt it.
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
Base Jumper
Regular
Regular

Post by Base Jumper »

Very busy around Oxford and West of London , have spoken to loads of locals around Devon when on my travels
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT239

Post by Tim »

With the advent of the mobile phone and personal computers CB will never be as great or the same as it was. the only way to make it better is to eliminate all the idiots.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Tim wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 09:18 With the advent of the mobile phone and personal computers CB will never be as great or the same as it was. the only way to make it better is to eliminate all the idiots.
One of the locals got his coax cut last week for sitting too long on 19.......someone keyed up and said "if you don't move off 19 I'm going to cut yer coax silly c**t",and next day the locals CB coax was cut........first I have heard of this in 30 odd year mind........."come and cut ma coax ya bam and see what happens/al sit on 19 aw night and youll do f**k all" are just some of the call outs from the local nutters to entice mr cutter to make himself known = some must have got new stuff from santa like baseball bats/big blades/crossbows/power tools ;) = as some locals are saying they want to use their new toys on them,best bit is the person whos coax was cut is hardly on and was testing/trying a new mic and was just getting an audio check :lol:
Last edited by 108EH002 on 16 Jan 2019, 17:38, edited 2 times in total.

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

A small nail/pin in the coax would've been better. Would've hopefully blown the rig (especially if running power - and possibly the amp too) and a lot harder to find if pushed in flush ;)
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

^^ Maybe is better but the person who got their coax cut is one of the decent locals ^^

27.555 Usb