The end of home base CB for me now

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Re: The end of home base CB for me now

Post by ghost123uk » 28 Feb 2017, 15:03

I totally agree Tim :thumbup:
I wasn't advocating it :o
Tim wrote:sufferers of RFI must work with those that cause it to find a solution
As per "A)" =
ghost123uk wrote:A) = Explain the situation and offer to replace them with a wifi repeater, no interference and better performance.
B) = if that fails to impress, tell then you are going to report them for owning equipment that causes RF interference well beyond what is permitted.
C) = try one of those QRM eliminators that thingie has been posting about.
D) = find a way of jamming their Ethernet over mains adapters so they cease to work.

Those choices remind me of the old 4 choice radio exam questions, where one is a red herring.
Note, the last suggestion IS the red herring.
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. Muppet handle "Grey ghost" and on UK C25 most working days.
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!

The Collector
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Collector » 28 Feb 2017, 20:03

Darn it, my efforts in paying his neighbour to wipe out Mr.Kirks CB hobby has been thwarted. It was a drastic attempt to persuade him to sell me his nice Marko Mk3 homebase ;)

ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk » 28 Feb 2017, 21:01

^^^ Image
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. Muppet handle "Grey ghost" and on UK C25 most working days.
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!

CaptainKirk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by CaptainKirk » 01 Mar 2017, 09:30

It aint going anywhere yet lol
CAPTAIN KIRK-26TM013/26CT013/26UK013 John mobile South Cheshire.

The Collector
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Collector » 01 Mar 2017, 20:16

Right...it's time then to bring on the 20 cheapo Chinese laptop chargers for him to plug in all at the same time ;)

stanogs68
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by stanogs68 » 04 Mar 2017, 06:52

what gear have you got and if your selling up pm me what you have and what you want for your gear cheers ?
computers mess with my brain !

ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk » 04 Mar 2017, 07:33

Ha Ha, you ought to change your handle to "Vulture" :lol: ;)

The Collector
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Collector » 04 Mar 2017, 09:53

Poor Captain Kirk will be besieged with offers for his stuff now as everyone dives in for the pickings. It's terrible when this happens.

THE Mk3 MARKO EXCALIBUR'S MINE.....HANDS OFF!! lol ;)

The Collector
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Collector » 04 Mar 2017, 09:59

Fingers crossed you get it sorted mate.
My CB life at home was made awkward by our own AND our neighbours central heating thermostats. Every few minutes, static would build up slowly until it got to a strong +30 and it would hold there for about 20 seconds before disappearing. Another few minutes and it would happen again. It took years before I found out what caused it when ours was replaced and it instantly halved the interference. Luckily I was mobile most of the time as soon as I passed my driving test but still had to endure 3 years of it. DXing was a no-no that's for sure.

CaptainKirk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by CaptainKirk » 04 Mar 2017, 15:10

Its been off for a week now maybe they borrowed one of somebody.just had a phone call off my energy provided wanting to know when they can fit a smart meter, it never ends!
CAPTAIN KIRK-26TM013/26CT013/26UK013 John mobile South Cheshire.

ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk » 05 Mar 2017, 08:15

CaptainKirk wrote:Its been off for a week now
This has happened to two folk I regularly talk to on the rig, in the same time frame as you as well. We were wondering if it was anything to do with temporary fixes after storm Doris? Was yours defo PLT noise?
CaptainKirk wrote:just had a phone call off my energy provided wanting to know when they can fit a smart meter, it never ends!
If that was me, I would stipulate that it must not cause RFI and if it does it must be remedied or removed. And get it in writing.