only just noticed my plt has gone down alot

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT013

only just noticed my plt has gone down alot

Post by andrew013 »

well over the last few days ive noticed a big drop in my plt rubbish on the radio well its gone full stop
ok i still get s3 of white noise and ive had that for as long as i can remember but no pips squeaks or bottom noises ,
i thought my ariel was faulty
and what has changed only thing i know is a neighbour from about 200ft plus away is clearing out their house as they have sold up and are moving i wonder what they had that caused a signal of s9 with all the trimmings from that distance, makes you wonder too if it wasnt /dosent cause us humans issues too !!!
no doubt when the new home ownsers move in it will be back but i hope not as bad
on air,tyne&wear,northumberland,durham,holy island,eu120+eu124 and anywhere from gateshead/north wales
scrap uk 40 give cbers L/M/Hcalling on 27.355/555 usb qsy 27.015 lsb/410 usb cb radio is for life not just for profits
i do cb radio not 11mtres,countrys worked 2015 with imax 2000 72
Andy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: only just noticed my plt has gone down alot

Post by Andy »

PLT is a bl**dy menace, and it can radiate far and wide from the mains wiring. A couple of years ago, a neighbour about 70 yards away told me he was getting a pair of these things and sure enough a few days later my radios became useless overnight! From about 4 MHz to 20 MHz all I got was wheeeeeeeeespurtclickwheeeee...
As I was on nodding terms with him I invited him into my shack to show him what his PLT devices were doing, even at this distance. He was astonished and thank the Lord he did the right thing and ditched them. Peace at last.
'SOMEONE GET ME A SAW!'
Andy.
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Thought the title said ''pit'' as in a mine :shock:

:lol:
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
CaptainKirk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: KIRKY

Post by CaptainKirk »

Mine is terrible s7 on 555 constant crackling sound drives you up the wall!
Uk40 hammered it even affects 28mhz cw portion.
Mid band affected too.
My next door neighbour switches a telly on in his bedroom and wipes out long wave and medium wave reception bl00dy awful where i live!
CAPTAIN KIRK-26TM013/26CT013/26UK013 John mobile South Cheshire.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

If it's affecting Public Boradcasts, you can get OFCOM out, or the BBc or whichever poor buggers they lumbered with the job.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

I lost topband many years ago to 21st Century cheap Chinese crap devices.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Admiral wrote:I lost topband many years ago to 21st Century cheap Chinese crap devices.
Good, Topband is the gentlemans band, Not for the likes of you :D
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

A few years ago my caveman neighbours printer was giving me 9+ of noise everywhere but luckily he changed it and it went away. He's still a nob though.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

You just wait until every house has a utility smart meter installed, we may as well sell up now and buy some golf clubs.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Marky-boy
Regular
Regular

Post by Marky-boy »

i got PLT here, got s9 white noise from about 150kc up to and past 70mhz. all i wanted to do was monitor a couple of freq - that's it.
It wasn't to be easy at this QTH of course, i moved here quickly without a thought of HF again, but i got re-interested, so i bought a noise canceller (phasing device) and magnetic loop aerial. One or both, when they arrive, will at least give me some weapons to fight back with, until i find another rental to move into where it's a bit more aerial / Amateur friendly, instead of this damn 3rd floor flat.
I will post results when i have some to share, if anyone's interested.