Turner JM+2/u on MK I Lincoln

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Marky-boy
Regular
Regular

Turner JM+2/u on MK I Lincoln

Post by Marky-boy »

Turner JM+2/u on MK I Lincoln .. any good ?
- only asking 'cause i wonder what my old mic would sound like.. i kind of like the weird little blue fist mics, and no-one round here really to test with except my SDR receiver..
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Turner JM+2/u on MK I Lincoln

Post by Crusader »

Should be fine mate especially on AM & SSB but it is common knowledge that the Astatic Teardrop is the best mike for the Lincoln,still waiting to find one on ebay for my Lincoln but i ain't paying £100+ as some deluded sellers expect when Truck King used to sell them for £49.99 brand new.
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 108TM154

Post by gmham »

yep have to agree and say hold out for a nice 575m6. have owned loads and never paid over £60 for one.
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

Moxon antenna for 10/20 mtrs

——
John - 108TM154 / 108CO154
Marky-boy
Regular
Regular

Post by Marky-boy »

Ahhh Thanks chaps, i don't do much TXing at this QTH anyway, but i like to TX good SSB audio on the rare occasion that i do, i mostly monitor though.

I quite like the old hardware, i like the quirky looking Turner hand mic, though I've not even seen an Astatic teardrop for years, i may keep an eye open for one at a sane price then, £60 seems expensive to me for an old mic, let alone £100 - although i bet i can guess who's selling such old things at super-inflated prices ...
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

There's nothing wrong with the Turner, it is a very capable microphone, and for the amount of use you seem be be getting I wouldn't bother with an Astatic as they are the Emperors new clothes, they're okay, but not that good that if you spoke to someone on your Turner and then swapped to an Astatic that anyone would notice much difference.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

I have used a couple of those Turners and I don't rate them.

They are ugly and don't sound very special.

Go for the Astatic or one of those RF limited things.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
Marky-boy
Regular
Regular

Post by Marky-boy »

Hmmm interesting, this Lincoln / 2510 sounds pretty poor on AM TX, so i will try the Turner when i get chance - as it's already sat here. I like the look of the JM+2U - but looks are purely subjective, i will see how it goes, ultimately i may sell the Lincoln and get something better for AM if there's no real improvement, but if i see an Astatic at silly low prices, it'd be rude not to, but the likelihood of that happening is about the same as the bands opening up nicely for winter ..