There are still morons on 27/81 channel 19

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: There are still morons on 27/81 channel 19

Post by Admiral »

It's like shouting out after a nuclear apocalypse here, even a moron would make a nice change from white noise.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Post by ghost123uk »

I put that ^^^ down to being "radio shy". I often say "the breaker asking for a rig check, knock it up a channel" then before you know it you’re having a pleasant conversation, and often others then come in on the side :)
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM413

Post by sureshot »

One thing i can't stand is persistent bad language, my radio is in the living room. There are a couple of idiots local to me, where every other word is F B W or something else. One of the guys even claims to hold an amateur licence. To be honest i doubt that.We do have a few breakers with better manners for the hobby. Still its been quite latley...
CB call. Shipwreck.
robo70
Regular
Regular

Post by robo70 »

lol, this is funny, you guys should come to glasgow, ch 19 is a total no go area.. constant threats of killing each other and they NEVER goto any other channel bar the breaking channel, its a **** joke.
jason
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM070

Post by jason »

Some of the more 'mature' guys in my area are not interested in keeping it alive . They will take cb to the grave with them . It is quiet around here but if a newbie gives a shout they get no reply only to hear a regular give a shout and get a instant reply .
As for morons on 19 i think we also suffer from the ones that hear but cant be asst to reply .
I have called a few times to no reply only to hear another call 2 mins later and get a reply from his buddy that was listening all day .