The Big Net 2016 - 35 Years of Legal CB

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
ChrisMagpie
Call Sign: 26TM553

Re: The Big Net 2016 - 35 Years of Legal CB

Post by ChrisMagpie »

Hopefully it'll be better next year, when it doesn't clash with any midweek nets. To me, the 2nd November event is to celebrate 27/81, and to encourage lapsed CBers to retrieve their Amstrad / Binatone / Audioline from the loft, and give it another go. That just didn't happen this year :|
It became "meet up on 27/81, then suddenly all clear off down to mid SSB" . . . leaving those of us running 27/81 rigs thinking "Eh?!" :wtf:
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

ChrisMagpie wrote:Hopefully it'll be better next year, when it doesn't clash with any midweek nets. To me, the 2nd November event is to celebrate 27/81, and to encourage lapsed CBers to retrieve their Amstrad / Binatone / Audioline from the loft, and give it another go. That just didn't happen this year :|
It became "meet up on 27/81, then suddenly all clear off down to mid SSB" . . . leaving those of us running 27/81 rigs thinking "Eh?!" :wtf:
Nearly all my Copies were on UKFM as I agree this event is to remember that event, but TBH ,it was a good problem to have, having both modes to choose from.
It won't fall on a Wednesday for a while, so should be OK next year. :ugeek:
Here's a thought, lets get UKFM active all the time as it was last night. :thumbup:

Dave.
prettypolly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26FB185

Post by prettypolly »

Zilch in Liverpool also nothing
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

ChrisMagpie wrote:Hopefully it'll be better next year, when it doesn't clash with any midweek nets. To me, the 2nd November event is to celebrate 27/81, and to encourage lapsed CBers to retrieve their Amstrad / Binatone / Audioline from the loft, and give it another go. That just didn't happen this year :|

That's a very good point, maybe we could start a monthly UK40FM net?

How about the first Sunday evening of each month on say channel 27?
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

delboyonline wrote:

That's a very good point, maybe we could start a monthly UK40FM net?

How about the first Sunday evening of each month on say channel 27?
These 'how about' suggestions always get lost within random threads and eventually die. Why not start a thread with an appropriate title, thrash out the details, then start another thread with the info and ask Oggy or weety to sticky it?
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

It looks like there were a lot of stations active around Wales and the Mendip Hills and the South West of England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC3k9lXMwlc

Dave.