Shogun 40 channel cb radio

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Re: Shogun 40 channel cb radio

Post by dt307 »

Was going in the shed to get an inductor for some one else and bam. I found two

Looks like I been stripped and one looks ok at a glance it powered up but not checked rx tx ect

Got a broken shed door and cats been goin in there every thing stinks that's why I am gonna empty the shed of all the radio crap I've collected
Free for the cost of postage if you want them
WP_20160204_01_07_34_Pro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

koberk wrote:Rogue's gallery.
I like that Super Panther
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Avenger
Call Sign: 163TM122

Post by Avenger »

I've had 2 of these over the years and neither worked properly, in the earlier days I was on some breakers regarded them quite highly but I think they just assumed they were good as they were expensive :lol:
163TM122 - ROB
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Old thread resurrection. I picked up a mint boxed Shogun recently and I love it. The receive is really nice. It's a quirky radio but mine works very well. Shame there is hardly anyone to speak to :roll:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Haven't used one for about 30 years, but I think the TX LED'S used to flick up and down nicely on PA mode ;)

It's one of the reasons I made my purple Amstrad have LED's that flick up and down on RX when people talk (Vu meter).
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Just tried mine and the lights dont flick up and down on PA mode. Pity, But Im still loving this slim sexy little radio.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Hmmmm...strange, perhaps my memory has got it wrong then (I am getting on a bit) but I was sure they did. I'll have to try mine if I can get it out of the display cabinet without too much trouble.
Perhaps I was thinking of the Interceptor TC300 with the vertical LED's but I never had one of those in the car.