cb shops rigg doctors in sandwell area west mids

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Re: cb shops rigg doctors in sandwell area west mids

Post by original45 »

Shops I remember were the cb cabin brierley hill.and a shop in walsall I think tonks was his name.a few electrical shops like willetts sold equipment but no repairs.I think they had a shop on a truck stop j 1 west brom. But never went in their.but not sure.my first cb was bought in to the UK and sold by a trucker handle nod on a pub carpark in rowley called the rag.this guy alone must have supplied a 50 mile radius on a.m equipment..I remember a c.b shop in bridgenorth too.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

The CB Cabin sounds familiar. I think that was the one I'm thinking of. I bought a 5 tone beep from there in the late 80's or early 90's.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

I had either k bleeps or 5 tone on my cbx .used to annoy people though.went bleed over.
siskin

Post by siskin »

original45 wrote:Agreed,postage is killing slot of business,I don't post much myself but buying from the net or ebay has become costly on heavy medium or bulky.eBay I have no luck.recently bought a dog guard paid ,won it cheap but guy wouldn't post it but cost to post was included.refund 5weeks later.bought a bremi 5/7amp. It wasn't right buzzing ,and screws out on casing.looked inside board cracked big time and earth wire from case to what ever it was called was cut off.25.quid .too heavy to return cost nearly tenner to post to me.but at least I got 15back..hate ebay ,you win you loose.remember recently talking to a guy major Morgan when I was trying old set up .and a.m stuff he mentioned rig doc in bilston Wolverhampton as being good and cheap.I won't mess now myself.but did steel modulation ,rf and power pots years ago.wouldn't know which is which now.my old stalker keys up but doesn't transmit.and looks like a gap between channels.a guy in Wolverhampton on some American street names estate tried to convert it ,it escapes me to what.this was an a.m rig.how does a.m effect tv these days with digital ?'
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

lucky find a cb shop in kidderminster just up the road great.aparantly been open since 80s.looks like a pop in cuppa t time.
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

original45 wrote:lucky find a cb shop in kidderminster just up the road great.aparantly been open since 80s.looks like a pop in cuppa t time.
yes its alot like the one that used to be in bridgnorth :D
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
Hamerman
Regular
Regular

Post by Hamerman »

The CB Cabin in Brierley Hill used to be great shop back in the day. When FM was made legal a shop opened in Old Hill but I carnt remember the name of it.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

original45 wrote: 05 Aug 2013, 19:15 lucky find a cb shop in kidderminster just up the road great.aparantly been open since 80s.looks like a pop in cuppa t time.
I've been to that one. It was a few years ago now though as an old mate lived a couple of streets away (DY10 postcode iirc). It was about 15ft x 15ft but nicely crammed with aerial displays etc.
Hamerman
Regular
Regular

Post by Hamerman »

original45 wrote: 05 Aug 2013, 19:15 lucky find a cb shop in kidderminster just up the road great.aparantly been open since 80s.looks like a pop in cuppa t time.
The next time I go to the SVR I will have to pop into this shop as it is only over the road from the the railway.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

If it's still on there, you may be able to use Google's "Street View" and zoom in to see what sort of stuff he stocks ;) Aerials used to be on the left as you went in, sales counter on the right by the door.
Hamerman
Regular
Regular

Post by Hamerman »

The Collector wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 17:53 If it's still on there, you may be able to use Google's "Street View" and zoom in to see what sort of stuff he stocks ;) Aerials used to be on the left as you went in, sales counter on the right by the door.
The shop does still come up on Street View but apart from what's in the window you can not see anything.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Just go up on your tip toes lol ;)
Hamerman
Regular
Regular

Post by Hamerman »

The Collector wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 20:39 Just go up on your tip toes lol ;)
Lol....