Request for circuit diagram for Cobra UK 25 LTD ST CB Radio

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Foggyman
Regular
Regular

Request for circuit diagram for Cobra UK 25 LTD ST CB Radio

Post by Foggyman »

Hi to all, Have previously requested service info on the Cobra UK 29 LTD but have had to date had no luck, but as (I am told) the UK 25 LTD ST is similar to the UK 29 LTD ST Model you never know maybe someone has the "25" service information/circuit diagram. On my radio the s/rf meter / swr meter does not function at all and the channel LED is very dull. I think these faults are because the Guy who owned it before me dropped it and some of the very fine copper tracking has gone O/C, it's very fine and very difficult/ impossible to try and trace the tracking through the 3 PCB'S that are all soldered up to one another! Any service information/ circuit diagrams would be most welcome to rectify the 2 faults.....Many thanks to all who read this, and hope someone can help...Dave. {bnghd}
Tech12
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: Sparky

Re: Request for circuit diagram for Cobra UK 25 LTD ST CB Ra

Post by Tech12 »

Hi mate: If you look at the front PCB on your 29, where the Ribbon cable attaches at the R/H side. Just in front of the ribbon cable is an SMD transistor Q2 & from the collector of that resistor R10 47R, they control the supply to illuminate the channel display. Can email you a CCT if that's any good to you.

Andy
Let us Fix it Properly.
Dragonfly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM363

Post by Dragonfly »

Just been given a uk 25 ltd st with no channel display , everything else lights up and noises emited .
The Q and R numbers seem to start at 100 and up over on this board so would Q201 and R 101 be the ones to check ,
Coppernob
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Coppernob »

Dragonfly wrote:Just been given a uk 25 ltd st with no channel display , everything else lights up and noises emited .
The Q and R numbers seem to start at 100 and up over on this board so would Q201 and R 101 be the ones to check ,
Is it me ,but that right ribbon cable looks melted or someone's been at it with a blowtorch,or summat has seriously overheated !
Regards Coppernob.
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM552

Post by RadioPixie »

Was that you foggyman that PM'ed me in the summer for info? If that was you, sorry I was busy plus I think my diagram isn't good enough to be scanned.

As mentioned the display may be down due to Q2, or even around Q90 and Q91 which are driven by the PLL/Processor chip. But check Q2 first.
73 from Dave the Pixie - 26CT052 - 26TM552 - CB Radioaficionado
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Do you happen to know if the circuit diagram required is in the user/instruction manual Foggyman? If so I've got one for the 29 in the loft you can have? It'll take me a while to find it out though, so knowing it has before I spend about an hour finding it out will help :)
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

If you get in touch with Cobra they'll send you a diagram.

<link>
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
merlin
Regular
Regular

Post by merlin »

Hi,
I am new to the forum, but I think I have the full service manuals for both radios, I am not sure how I will be able to get a copy to you as the drawing is A3 size. not A4 as the rest of the manual is.
If you can let me know where to send it to I will try to scan what I have & let you have a copy.
Dragonfly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM363

Post by Dragonfly »

Post it to Imageshack and put a link on here .
26VT01
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M1KE

Re: Request for circuit diagram for Cobra UK 25 LTD ST CB Radio

Post by 26VT01 »

I'm also looking for a service manual for a UK 29 LTD. Does anyone have one ?

Okay, found it https://downloads.cobra.com/CB/Models/2 ... manual.pdf
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Re: Request for circuit diagram for Cobra UK 25 LTD ST CB Radio

Post by sonoma »

could not get your link to work. see if this one does.

http://downloads.cobra.com/CB/Models/29 ... manual.pdf