SSB DX Revival

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Animal

SSB DX Revival

Post by Animal »

There is life on CB after all - on sidebands at least!!! Seems to be a growing community of DX operators in my area (even though the eleven-year sunspot peak is a few years away - 2113 I think? The band will be open all day long for DX contacts around the world!!!) What's it like in other areas of the UK??? I've recently returned to the rig after some 20 years - sick of mobile bills & text messages!!! There are some great websites about DXing - try http://www.geocities.com/de2at462/rm11dx or type 'dx academy' into Google etc. The rest of the world is still busy on SSB - give them a call on 27.555 USB and they'd be happy to rag-chew for a while!
fred-the-ted
Regular
Regular

Post by fred-the-ted »

Yep things are looking up on ssb and like you ive recently returned after a 20+ year break its quite refreshing to not have so many mike keyers or bucket mouths about as there used to be but theres always a few out there to let the side down lol

26 OP 320
marksman

Post by marksman »

yeah gotta love the 555 i remember speaking all over the world back in the day, had a nice chat with someone in Grenada once (caribbean) :)