A Jentec Cobra Transceiver MKV found in a loft now!!!!

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Re: A Jentec Cobra Transceiver MKV found in a loft now!!!!

Post by UGLY_BOB »

The-General wrote: "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
I just knew you were going to say that. ;)
EXTREMELY WEIRD... AVOID AT ALL COSTS !

Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

:lol: truer words never spoken though eh Bob ;) £410 for a cb that could have issues,lunacy at its best :D
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

The-General wrote: £410 for a cb that could have issues
The 'issues' would certainly worry me.... but if you are confident you could repair it, and you really wanted it... Who are we to say anything about how others want to spend their bottle-tops ? :)

Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Hi Bob,i have no problem with how people spend their beans mate,i just hate how the looneys on there are wrecking auction format sales for radio equipment for the rest of us even more by bidding up items to so much when its so obvious they aint worth that much,its hard enough trying to find a bargain on there now when sellers are reluctant to list stuff on there due to the excessive fee's ebay /paypal now charge,so with the bidding looney brigade going daft on there it drastically lowers the chance of buying something for a sensible price for the rest of us,long gone are the good days of 4+ yrs ago on ebay when there was twice as much stuff on there for reasonable prices, as it seems idiocy reigns supreme on there now with this "i must have it" culture,amazing when you consider the whole country is meant to be in a recession.
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD

Post by Ashtec »

Yes i did win the radio there bob and it's payed for now so it will be on it's way soon it may of been way to much for the radio but a lot of you forget that i like mods and this mod was the ultimate and all so a well kept secret.

If you think about it there is note stoping me makeing my own vfo'ed uniden based radio's with the info and data off this radio.

Or just to think if i started makeing my own design of the vfo kit and sold them on as a kit.
I know there's lot's of you out there that would like to own a Cobra 148 vfo or a jackson vfo and others out there but dont whant to pay silly cash for a Jentec Cobra.

And when you see The Collector with his pimping of rig's and Bigpimps work on cobra with blue LED's and how good they look then what would it be worth if he could fit an vfo kit to it.

http://cobraworxshopz.com/transceiver_mkv_7.html

And i know a lot ham radio ham radio operators that mod Cobra 148's to 10 meters with spectrum communications Eprom and i know they would love to fit a vfo in them...................

So i can see i will get my £420 back with out selling the radio off as well as you my see Superstar 360's fitted out with vfo's and frequency readout poping up very soon at a lot less then what you will pay for a jentec.
Last edited by Ashtec on 10 Apr 2011, 15:49, edited 7 times in total.
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

The-General wrote:amazing when you consider the whole country is meant to be in a recession.
Well I know I am.... I'm reduced (get the violin music going) to just window shopping on there these days, sob sob. (pass round hat - look doleful) :(

Queball
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Queball »

PAUL27UK wrote:Yes i did win the radio there bob and it's payed for now so it will be on it's way soon
Well done Paul. I hope you insisted the buyer posts the radio Special Delivery before 1 PM the next day,thats the least he can do. I have a MK V Paul. You wont regret buying it and you will never want to sell it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gholdq on youtube.com
26TM265
26FB165
26CT066
26UK165
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

UGLY_BOB wrote:
M1JWR wrote:How often does a MkV come along?
I've seen at least three times as many MkVs on ebay as I have Skyarrow 250s
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

Are well it's worth a bit more then £57 as will as knowing the info about them.

Thanks there Queball.............

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Queball
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Queball »

PAUL27UK wrote:Are well it's worth a bit more then £57 as will as knowing the info about them.

Thanks there Queball.............

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Any info you want on it Paul when it arrives just ask.
gholdq on youtube.com
26TM265
26FB165
26CT066
26UK165
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

Thanks Queball..........................
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

UGLY_BOB wrote:
The-General wrote:amazing when you consider the whole country is meant to be in a recession.
Well I know I am.... I'm reduced (get the violin music going) to just window shopping on there these days, sob sob. (pass round hat - look doleful) :(
:lol: Yes Bob,but it could be worse,here's another apt film quote,from Forest Gump...

"Stupid is what stupid does" :lol: ;)
Yaesu

Post by Yaesu »

Well done Paul

Hope its all good for Ya ( let us know )

Cracking Radio
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

The-General wrote: here's another apt film quote,from Forest Gump...
"Stupid is what stupid does" :lol: ;)
That's actually a miss-quote there 'the General' -
Forest Gump wrote:Young Jenny: Are you stupid or something?
Young Forrest: Momma says stupid is as stupid does.
Young Jenny: I'm Jenny.
Young Forrest: I'm Forrest. Forrest Gump.
Forrest Gump: [narrating] From that day on, we was always together. Jenny and me was like peas and carrots.
I consider it far more 'stupid' to keep harping on about other peoples decisions. Paul wanted the MkV, and had the means to buy it, more power to him in my opinion.

Ugs

Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

I was refering to the idiots in general on Ebay spoiling it for everybody else,thats my opinion which im entitled to & sticking with,i don't expect others to think the same.