Icom 706 extended tx

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: Icom 706 extended tx

Post by MrWeetabix »

Ah I remember now. The lad lived in the flats..... Yeah, I didn;t keep the George long either.

I regretted letting my mate have my 2nd 706MK2..... recently begged him to get it back, and did. Brilliant little radios! I have one in the car and one in the shack. So versatile!

I tried the 7000, but I didn't like how hot it used to get, even just sat on RX. It just put me right off.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

I upgraded to a MK2-G and it's an excellent radio. The coverage is beyond belief on these things.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
tenrohle
Regular
Regular

Post by tenrohle »

I wish mine would tx on 11m! :(
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

tenrohle wrote:I wish mine would tx on 11m! :(
Did you reset the CPU after removing the diode?
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

tenrohle wrote:I wish mine would tx on 11m! :(
who advised you to 'crush' the diode?
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
tenrohle
Regular
Regular

Post by tenrohle »

astradyne : yes a couple of times

mrweetabix : there is a couple of ways of doing it, and thats one. sounds all wrong I know!
"The second diode from the left needs to be removed. I did this by crushing it with long-nosed pliers. You can also heat it with a low-wattage soldering iron and pull it up with tweezers. Be sure not to damage the other diodes or the PCB. Be sure that you don't apply too much heat, since the heat can damage the PCB and the other diodes."

The diode itself is about 2mm in size so removing it would require me purchasing a tiny soldering iron, a magnifying glass and some tweezers.

Is there a chance that the remaining feet are the problem?
lu9erb
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: Lu9erb

Post by lu9erb »

Hola colega ..consulta ..tengo el mismo problema que usted ... tambien mi Icom 706 No trae el diodo D59 ! .. y no se como liberarlo ...para poder transmitir arriba de los 148 mhz ..?? ... usted encontro alguna solucion ? .. se lo agradeceria ... 73 ..de jose LU9ERB

Hello colleague ... check ... I have the same problem as you ... also my Icom 706 Does not bring the diode D59! .. and I do not know how to release it ... to be able to transmit above 148 mhz .. ?? ... you found some solution? .. I would appreciate ... 73 ..de jose LU9ERB
Nobigdeal
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: SM3VFO

Post by Nobigdeal »

I know that this is a several year old thread but i must help to solve this (mayby others search for the mod and wondering how to solve this mod).

The mod is this simple, remove the diode in the second place from the left (regardless of whether there are diodes in all places or not).

It's pads.. find the first pad (regardless of whether a diode is mounted or not), then to the right of it, i.e. in place number 2, YOU take THAT DIODE away!

You have probably stared blindly at the diodes that are mounted and started from diode number 2 from the diode that is next to it, you have therefore removed diode number 3 in the row. It doesn't matter, now remove the previous one, SO! Reset and screw up... open Tx hf-bands.
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

@+
Claude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Photo Collector CB RADIO