Shopwatch Bristol

Scanning radio frequencies for the South West
Spidermax
Registered New User
Registered New User

Shopwatch Bristol

Post by Spidermax »

I have a baofens bf-777s one of which I know there are many clones, a nice little radio I must say. For a long time now it's been set on the pmr 446 channels and works very well. I noticed there was a post about shop watch radios and saw that the frequency is within the range of my radio for the Bristol shopwatch so thought I would tune channel 16 to receive there signal, I'm a driver in the city centre so it's to keep a bit of entertainment in the day. I set it to receive on 462.0250 which looking at the list is the right on but all I get is the odd crackle which could even be interference and some time get a confirmation bleep for the end of transmission (sounds like one) but I never hear any voice I have set it to receive on narrow band not sure if this is correct and also set no ctcss tone not sure if that's correct. Is it possible to use these radios to Liston to shop watch? I'm not to clued up on radios so not sure I'm doing anything right?

Thanks in advance 

Max
superdave
Call Sign: M6JXP

Re: Shopwatch Bristol

Post by superdave »

Yes it is possible, I have loads of Plymouth security in my Baofeng 888s. I think I have CCTV control, parking wardens, shopwatch and pubwatch. I can receive CCTV control and parking wardens inside my house even though I live 2 miles out of the city centre.
straycat
Call Sign: 26TM51

Post by straycat »

In Weston-Super-Mare it is 453.200 and I can hear it several miles away on a Uv5r no problem.
26-TM-051 26-CT-1450 and the handle Stray Cat!
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 310den »

I am not in your area but you are listening to the input frequency for the repeater. You need to listen on the output which for Bristol is: 456.5250 MHz.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Post by bigbloke »

Cabot circus has a private TETRA system (Arqiva supplied) , as do bristol / cardiff

no point looking for them with an analogue scanner - it will just be noise

an SDR with OSMOCON will decode the uplinks though ;-)

regards

BB