Interesting frequencies ?

Scanning radio frequencies for the South East
TheListener
Registered New User
Registered New User

Interesting frequencies ?

Post by TheListener »

Hi everyone,

I am searching some cool frequencies that I could listen on my spare time. Things like Shopwatch, Pubwatch, Emergency services... I am in East London (E1) with a Diamond X-200 on the roof which gives me an O.K. reception but all the frequencies I discovered through my RTL-SDR are or cab and delivery companies and the one I found online are almost all outdated.

Thanks in advance ! :)
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Interesting frequencies ?

Post by radiosification »

What I do is use the frequency manager to record frequencies, then it shows up on the spectrum display. This way you can easily see if it's something boring, and not bother to tune in. You can also easily see frequencies you haven't recorded yet, and you can pay special attention to them and find out what they are.

I personally don't like to post details of which frequencies are good to listen to online, just in case someone who works there sees it and complains to their radio dealer that people are listening in (or the radio dealer sees it). Then they'll probably put encryption on, ruining the fun for us who like to listen.

Generally the scanning directories are pretty useless, since new frequencies are registered all the time. The best way to find things to listen to is really just to use the SDR and see what signals come up and identify and save them.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Interesting frequencies ?

Post by Minus1 »

If you put in your bio where you are, perhaps somebody local might suggest something?
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked