Thanet scanning frequencies 2011

Scanning radio frequencies for the South East
DONNY1
Regular
Regular

Re: Thanet scanning frequencies 2011

Post by DONNY1 »

Hi mate your welcome to frequencies, try putting in 449.5375 the rescue heli winch-man comms, as rescue 125 does a lot of training off the coast nr us, they do come out with some funny things sometimes lol.. also 132.650, its coast gaurd/ and air ambulance, cheers Don,
when im over your way il have a little listen around and give u update...
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

DONNY1 wrote:Hi mate your welcome to frequencies, try putting in 449.5375 the rescue heli winch-man comms, as rescue 125 does a lot of training off the coast nr us, they do come out with some funny things sometimes lol.. also 132.650, its coast gaurd/ and air ambulance, cheers Don,
when im over your way il have a little listen around and give u update...
Do the RAF seakings use the same freq for winch comms?
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
Realistic Pro-70 Hyperscan
Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
R820T Dongle ADSB Receiver
TYT-MD380
DONNY1
Regular
Regular

Post by DONNY1 »

Hi all just little update , QEQM Margate porters now using ,
456.525 <146.2>/ 462.025 <146.2>,
not heard there old frequency for while 456.950,
but dont mean not using it, cheers Don.
StevenW
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6IBU

Post by StevenW »

Thanks for these Don I'm in broadstairs and look forward to getting a rig and listening in to some of these frequencies!
DONNY1
Regular
Regular

Post by DONNY1 »

Hi Steve, good luck with new radio, im currently using a uniden 3500 xlt, and a realistic pro2022 for scanning, and a yaesu ft840 for hf, also a yaesu ft8100 for 2m , 70cms.
i would recumend a ubc3500xlt if u can afford it, im over in Margate, all my frequencies r pretty up to date, Broadstairs is quiet busy at weekends on shop safe 453.025, i try and update when i can if you need any help just pm me and i will see what i can do, there's plenty down here , Manston, marine , westcross etc. so good luck, Don, ps that was probably Dave G1NLQ u spoke to at Mappings < chubby with glasses lol, nice fella>...
StevenW
Regular
Regular

Post by StevenW »

Hey Don at last I'm tuning in! My handy turned up in the mail today. I have only just got round to start plumbing in some frequencies, although its a little tricky on this one, so ill be programming via USB and a windows xp laptop.

I definitely want to buy a base unit and install a decent antenna on my roof, so currently looking around for something.

I am aiming to get to the next open meeting at crampton towers, maybe you'll be there? I had my first lesson today with a guy in Sandwich named John in a little bungalow just near the railway crossing. I took a mock exam and he said if I got one more right I would have passed my foundation exam! That gave me a nice boost, so ill be studying the book and taking the rsgb tests regularly!

You're not in Palm Bay are you? I was in one of the main roads through there last week on a satellite repair, and my customers garden backed onto someone who's obviously into radio with 2 or 3 high antennae installed in the garden. Now I am noticing radio antenna everywhere!

Anyway, thanks for your advice, hopefully speak soon! Regards, Steve.
DONNY1
Regular
Regular

Post by DONNY1 »

Hi steve , na that's not my house, im down near Dane park, i no what u mean when u stay about looking for Ariels lols, even the misses does it lol,
I no john over sandwhich nice fella thats who i passed mine with, his misses live down my road, well good luck with new radio, what one did u get again ?if u get stuck pm me and i see if i can help , all the best mate Don, <M6DGJ>....
StevenW
Regular
Regular

Post by StevenW »

Hi again Don, I'm currently lying in bed with the handy plumbing your frequencies while the misses is moaning, "why can't it be touch screen like everything else" she asks!!! (Keys too noisy!

Anyway, a schoolboy question, seeing as its Friday night I fancied listening to the bouncers at escape in margae. So I know how to put in a frequency like / 172.900 Central cars taxi Broadstairs, which I have listened to a few times, but the bouncers are on:

449.475 c210.7 escape margate <bouncers

What does the c210.7 mean? I've got a quansheng tg-uv2 portable if that helps, I'll have to find out how to put the frequency in.

Thanks again bud!
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

StevenW wrote:
What does the c210.7 mean? I've got a quansheng tg-uv2 portable if that helps, I'll have to find out how to put the frequency in.

Thanks again bud!
C210.7 = is the CTCSS tone used, basically it enables more than one user to use the same frequency. For example you may have another user on C94.8. With each user using different tones they would not interfere with each other.
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
TYT-MD380
DONNY1
Regular
Regular

Post by DONNY1 »

Hi Steve , the tones r what liam said about sharing frequencies, also it makes life bit easier for us to find out who they r .., as for bouncers in escape , that don't open that much now. also your in broadstairs so unless u got outside Ariel u wont hear them, but you will hear them down the town from u, as they r all run by same person.
its pretty lively over there weekends, also be worth putting fire service channels in to night. ive sent u a pm steve.

heres a list
457.0375 ch 1 main
good luck mate,,
ps. Liam sorry dint answer question about winchmen , thats main one ive heard down here...
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

DONNY1 wrote: also be worth putting fire service channels in to night. ive sent u a pm steve.

ps. Liam sorry dint answer question about winchmen , thats main one ive heard down here...

Hope to hear something on the fire service channels this weekend, had a listen last night but nothing heard. Didnt really hear that much last year.

Its ok, I managed to get the freqs for them, and on a recent trip to Anglesey was able to hear the RAF S&R helis onboard coms and winchmen.
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
TYT-MD380
StevenW
Regular
Regular

Post by StevenW »

Hey guys I'm thinking of buying a cd personalised to my postcode in broadstairs from the kimmyjs19 (I think that's spelled right) uk scanner people.

I will gladly post any frequencies on here for you all, do you think it's worth it? It's a tenner for the cd

The claim they can get all available frequencies.

Anyone know these people?
DONNY1
Regular
Regular

Post by DONNY1 »

Hi Steve, i bought copy back in march 2011,i think it was, an to be honest theres hardly any for Kent let alone thanet, thats why i put my own list up on here.and alot where out of date, thats why i update mine when i can,. but may b worth having look , as im only human lol...
ive got copy of 2011 if u want run copy off, cheers Don.
you have my number on the pm i sent u just text me and il drop off to your office, ..
StevenW
Regular
Regular

Post by StevenW »

Hey fellers! Back again with more (Groan!) questions!

So, I have successfully connected my handy to my Windows XP lappy and can both read from it and write to it. My aim is to upload to it all the frequencies shown in this thread. So, in the software to program the thing, there's several fields.

One of the fields is "QT/DQT Dec" and next to it is "QT/DQT Enc", I guess this is decode & encode? And does the QT/DQT relate to what Donny was saying earlier about CTCSS? When you click in the field in the software, there is a drop down menu and the CTCSS code Donny used as an example is in there. I guess that's it?

Also, there is a field named "Step". The choices here are: 5, 6.25, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100. In the guide I looked at in a blogspot that someone did for my model of radio, all the frequencies were to 12.5 so I just assumed that was a standard and followed suit.

One other choice is "Wide or Narrow"?, again, in the guide, all Freqs were set to Narrow so I followed suit.

Does this all sound about right?

I have attached a screen shot of the software mid upload just a single Freq for my local bouncers!

Many thanks in advance to all who reply... (hope this isn't classed as thread hijacking!)

Cheers all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StevenW
Regular
Regular

Post by StevenW »

PS does anyone have a .dat file I can upload to my radio for these local frequencies?

If not, when I get them all programmed in (yawn!), I'll make one available for download... might help someone!