Sussex Frequencies is 6 years old :/

Scanning radio frequencies for the South East
RadioBOB
Regular
Regular

Sussex Frequencies is 6 years old :/

Post by RadioBOB »

As much as I love these resources this ones getting very old and in need of an update, I refer to : "Sussex Frequencies" which has been locked , it has many missing and changed frequencies since it was written 6 years ago.

I will do my best to crunch through it all and check it out, & make a new list.
No more Ambulance Service on air in Sussex they all use GSM radios.
London Road Shop Watch now scrambled.

Forum viewers (thats you) Please let me know if you find anything interesting in the East Sussex area. PM me and i'll add new freqs to the list,
I'll be scanning too.. 73s all.
marshphantom
Regular
Regular

Re: Sussex Frequencies is 6 years old :/

Post by marshphantom »

i notice that the sussex ambulance repeater is still active,

i guess this is as a backup in case the new units/service goes down??
Ed
Marsh Phantom
26-TM-1986 - 26-CT-112
RadioBOB
Regular
Regular

Post by RadioBOB »

Yes, true on the Ambulance frequency, sometimes there's some data splurts.
Our local Amateur Radio repeaters are expanding in Brighton, they now use Echolink and people call in from all over the world, they can also link repeaters together, makes local scanning alot more interesting.
Repeaters:
GB3BR - Brighton 433.150mhz FM
GB3SR - Brighton 145.600mhz FM
GB3LR - Newhaven is linked to GB3BR

For a list of Repeaters and their input frequencies checkout: www.ukrepeaters.net
You can download the Google Earth .kml file to show ALL the UK repeaters on Google Earth.here: http://www.ukrepeater.net/documents/ukrepeater.kml

Currently running www.aprs.fi and www.planefinder.net side by side and the Repeaters on Google Earth.
marshphantom
Regular
Regular

Post by marshphantom »

cheers for the above info will take a look now
Ed
Marsh Phantom
26-TM-1986 - 26-CT-112
wind in the antenna
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by wind in the antenna »

I've got a few frequencies for Sussex.
Have you noticed the new UHF taxi in Shoreham?
RadioBOB
Regular
Regular

Post by RadioBOB »

Brightons alot more fun all of a sudden.

27.781.25 :) can quite entertaining at times.
27.555 usb :) can be very good at times. Portable in Brighton.

166.175 Cityclean rubbish collections recycling, they even find people in bins! daily 5-6am onwards
456.4125 Bouncers, Doormen, Security, Town CCTV Cams operators,Linked to Police Units (Pappa.Uniform.)
from 5pm ish till 4-5am
456.450 Brighton town center large Hotels,private car park,functons,Brighton Pavilion Security,
456.525 Brighton Special events Marathons, London to Brighton Cycle Rides, Classic Car Rally, Minis, Scooters, Bikers, Demonstrations! quite active linked to Police Units (PU) 2 Channels
456.550 Brighton town center Not sure could be Hotel or Carehome not much activity
456.575 Brighton Shop Watch linked through town, listen to idiots getting caught stealng, Town nutters watch.
This can be very useful while taking the bus into town!
456.850 Could be Channel 2 for Special Events in Brighton possible private residence security.
460.000 Not sure could be Hotel or Carehome not mnuch activity
493.875 Civil Enforcement Officers (CEO's) (now with more powers Under new Pace Law) were called Traffic Wardens.

Still want the frequency for Brightons Promonade Police, not real Police but Brighton & Hove Council wardens on Petrol Quad Bikes! and on Foot. getting people to stop cycling? skating, you know , having fun, issueing fines, little hitlers.
wind in the antenna
Top Poster
Top Poster

RadioBOB wrote:Brightons alot more fun all of a sudden.

456.550 Brighton town center Not sure could be Hotel or Carehome not much activity
That would depend which subtone Bob. The strong one in town is Amex with 136.5Hz, but there are others. There is a scheme in Worthing licenced to Sussex Constabulary with 107.2Hz and one which wafts in from godknows where with 67.0Hz. This has telephone patchthrough and all sorts of weird stuff.
wind in the antenna
Top Poster
Top Poster

456.850 Could be Channel 2 for Special Events in Brighton possible private residence security.
Goodwood Estates or more locally, the Hove SW scheme. This used to be on VHF at one time. Not much activity as very few participants actually get it together enough to turn their radio on.
wind in the antenna
Top Poster
Top Poster

460.000 Not sure could be Hotel or Carehome not mnuch activity
That's Glaxosmithkline in Worthing with 167.9Hz but it's also licenced to Ricardo at Shoreham Airport who use 110.9Hz but you will rarely hear them.
wind in the antenna
Top Poster
Top Poster

RadioBOB wrote:.

..were called Traffic Wardens.
I call them parking pigs and I don't even have an axe to grind as I no longer drive a car lol. They mugged Brighton motorists for five million smackers last year I understand.
RadioBOB wrote:.
Still want the frequency for Brightons Promonade Police, not real Police but Brighton & Hove Council wardens on Petrol Quad Bikes! and on Foot. getting people to stop cycling? skating, you know , having fun, issueing fines, little hitlers.
This folk are called the Seafront Officers. They are actually licenced under a private marine channel rather than under PBR. This is so that they can interact with HM Coastguard and RNLI. You'll find them on 161.2250MHz and being marine there is no CTCSS. Control is Dolphin Base which is located at the Seafront Office. You can see their yagi antenna array just above it opposite the Brighton Centre.
RadioBOB
Regular
Regular

Post by RadioBOB »

Hey thanks @wind in the antenna you deffinatly know your onions! fantastic.

Q. Are the CTCSS tones for TX only or RX as well?
sorry bit out of practice.
RadioBOB
Regular
Regular

Post by RadioBOB »

@wind in the antenna while I remember, this can be useful, Free Wireless Acesss in Brighton www.piertopier.net its forums are upto date so dont be put off by the front page. You mentioned a Yagi on the seafront for the coast gaurd it reminded me that there was / is a Wifi antenna in that location somewhere I need to checj the Node Locations in the forums http://www.piertopier.net/smf/

I should try and make a list of "Free Working" Wifi spots in Brighton, Free is a loose term,
you may need to buy a coffee or cuppa tea but its a fare trade if you can log in!
RadioBOB
Regular
Regular

Post by RadioBOB »

It was Brighton pride parade earlier today and party in Preston park. it was a very busy day.

I found a new frequency:

456.8625 Was in Preston Park possibly Special Events Channel 2 or 3
listened to .800 and .850 but nothing today, they spoke of a channel 14! hmmm

@Wind in the antenna: thanks for that CoastGaurd Channel was heard today while I was out,
161.2250 - I have all the Marine Bands and Channels pre programmed into my Yeasu.

Shoreham Taxis?? Not sure the 2 I have are :
167.3625 Taxi Streamline? not sure
167.2750 Taxi
166.1750 CityClean

Boring Train Frequencies: (not British Transport Police)

453.550 Brighton trains
456.600 Brighton trains
456.650 Brighton trains
456.950 Brighton trains

Its a shame the "UK Scanning Directory" an amazing scanning Directory book made in Scotland is no longer updated.
They did mention they have a website I think maybe a Forum , will have to dig it out, last edition 1999.
Still available at amazon.co.uk
RadioBOB
Regular
Regular

Post by RadioBOB »

While I'm looking at Taxis:

077.100 FM TAXI BASE
165.700 FM TAXI MOBILE
087.100 FM TAXI BASE
165.800 FM TAXI MOBILE
wind in the antenna
Top Poster
Top Poster

[quote="RadioBOB"]It was Brighton pride parade earlier today and party in Preston park. it was a very busy day.

I found a new frequency:

456.8625 Was in Preston Park possibly Special Events Channel 2 or 3
listened to .800 and .850 but nothing today, they spoke of a channel 14! hmmm If that was Select Security then their channel 14 is 449.40000MHz 156.7Hz.

Shoreham Taxis?? Not sure the 2 I have are :
167.3625 Taxi Streamline? not sure that's Falmer & Saltdean Taxis
167.2750 Taxi Southern Taxis
166.1750 CityClean also 164.95000MHz. This is a funny system with different DCS codes for base and mobiles. It's operated from the Hollingbury yard with the site on the grandstand at the racehill.

Boring Train Frequencies: (not British Transport Police)

453.550 Brighton trains NRI Ops
456.600 Brighton trains that's actually City College in Brighton. If you heard railwaymen it would have been Littlehampton, Bognor or Barnham.
456.650 Brighton trains NSR Engineering
456.950 Brighton trains I have this as Porters - Royal Sussex County Hospital

I'm a radio armature who made the switch to ariel none-bio
New Face in Hell

----------------
Tony in Brighton
26TM9480
26FB298
G7TXU
----------------