HMS Queen Elizabeth

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

HMS Queen Elizabeth

Post by BK »

I notice HMS Queen Elizabeth hasn't gone anywhere, you can still see her from Edinburgh if you've got a sea view to the north east, looks pretty big although I've just checked on a map and she's actually 10 miles away from me. She's a few miles off Kirkcaldy, anyone heard anything?
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Post by MrWeetabix »

She's a best for-sure!

I see the Russians have mocked her by calling her a 'large convenient target'. You could say the same about the Admiral Kuznetsov, which they Paraded about when they were bombing the crap out of the Syrians. I think we win in this willy-waving contest though, so I can see why they're having a pop :-p
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

I saw her when she was in dry dock at Rosyth from across the water in Society (always struck me as a strange name that, but then there's a street just down the road from me called Quality Street so it takes all sorts). Can't say I was impressed at the time, I remember thinking that she didn't look as big as some of the tankers we get in the Forth, but she's parked up now where the tankers berth and she certainly looks imposing even from 10 miles away.

Just checked again and she's buggered off! AIS shows her out past the Isle of May steaming northeast at 25kts.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin

Post by MrWeetabix »

I wonder how many Russian and/or Chinese Subs are lurking out there trying to get a sneaky peak of her capabilities?

No doubt there are a few Satellites keeping a close eye too.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

BK,have you got the Forth Nav frequency? I'll give you a list of stuff later this evening if you haven't. I did see her sneaking back into the Forth yesterday morning around the 6am mark. Spotted her from my kitchen window which thankfully despite looking immediately onto Arthur's seat, does look onto the Forth and the isle of May.
You can never have enough radios!
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

MrWeetabix wrote:She's a best for-sure!

I see the Russians have mocked her by calling her a 'large convenient target'. You could say the same about the Admiral Kuznetsov, which they Paraded about when they were bombing the crap out of the Syrians. I think we win in this willy-waving contest though, so I can see why they're having a pop :-p
The Russians conveniently forgot that the Kuznetsov is ancient, sat about in dock for years when the soviet union collapsed (and uses a ski jump,,,invented by the RN!) Certainly compared to the Ford class carrier it's not a kick in the pants off it! It is quite a monster, would love to see how the old Centaur class carriers match up to the QE.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

Ok, here as promised are the frequencies for the Forth marine traffic. 156.000 Coastguard 1
156.575 Forth Nav
156.600 Leith Quayside
156.725 Rosyth
156.800 Port Notice
157.150 Reports 1
160.000 Coastguard 2
161.750 Reports 2

Hope you find those useful! :D
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

We invented the carrier, cats n traps n V/STOL aircraft....

So why are we buying Yank crap aircraft n not reusing the tried n tested cat n trap system....Yes i know the Invinci class were V/STOL only but they can operate from any flat surface...
Ex Hermes is up for grabs!
marvin
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM200

Post by marvin »

If you see any pictures of the flagpoles on the bow or stern.............I built them and the associated deck mounting hardware, the poles are fibre glass to prevent the matelot's getting RF burns when they are putting them up/taking them down
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin

Post by MrWeetabix »

marvin wrote:If you see any pictures of the flagpoles on the bow or stern.............I built them and the associated deck mounting hardware, the poles are fibre glass to prevent the matelot's getting RF burns when they are putting them up/taking them down
I noticed that yesterday yeah....
Flag.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Very high-tec.

Flag.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

Explains why there are no aircraft - some prat stuck a flag pole each end of the runway...
Flag.jpg
Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

Admiral wrote:Very high-tec.

Flag.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: Brilliant!
Last noted at Invergordon.
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

The Kutznetzov is so unreliable it doesn't go any where without a tug. Also the Ruskkies aircraft aren't as effective and the ski ramp means they can't takemoff with the same weapons or fuel load that the Nimitz or Ford class could launch. A Wasp class carrier with AV8's would make e Russian carrier go away quite quickly.

And next time the Russians talk about targets they might want to remember that their air defences couldn't stop a single one of the Tomahawks Mad Dog launched against Syria.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016