Fife and Edinburgh

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
DAVEPETRIE1980
Regular
Regular

Fife and Edinburgh

Post by DAVEPETRIE1980 »

Hi

Does anybody know any good digital frequency in Fife and Edinburgh the delivery man has just came with my uniden 3600tlx and picking up some frequency.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Fife and Edinburgh

Post by stratocaster »

Keep checking the threads in the Scotland section, we do post some info up from time to time. However, if you can set your 3600xlt up to run through a search for digital frequencies,you may happen upon one or two, although a word to the wise, as a user of an AOR AR DV1, you would be wise to get an outdoor antenna as you'd pull in more and the digital modes won't sound like a drunk dalek. Having said so, Edinburgh cctv may be going digital very soon as they were very recently trialling out dmr. I did pick them up, not brilliantly, but enough to hear what they were up to! They are still on analogue,but see the section in the list of threads.
You can never have enough radios!
DAVEPETRIE1980
Regular
Regular

Re: Fife and Edinburgh

Post by DAVEPETRIE1980 »

Thank you stratocaster for the reply I wold love an AOR AR-DV1 but not got the cash for one was going to go for the whistler TRX-2 but there a bit hard to program so went for the uniden i have the programming software for it it came the day. the antenna i use is an 13000-MHZ discloner it works fantastic i was using it on my uniden BCT-15 scanner i come from fife kirkcaldy and i stay near the beach and i can hear the ships and i hit orkny coast with the discloner antenna. The uniden 3600xlt is a good bit off kit and am very happy with it i have heard lots off things with it more things than my uniden BCT-15 and sure to pick up more things as i get my head around it thank you stratocaster for the tips.