Gig Stage Crews.

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
highlandchatter
Regular
Regular

Gig Stage Crews.

Post by highlandchatter »

hello everyone....
does anyone have any stage crew frequencies??? we have a large outdoor concert coming up on the 30th of this month in oban and it would appear it's going to be a large scale event!....also outside caterers involved....any frequencies for this would be appreciated highly :)
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Re: Gig Stage Crews.

Post by mattdcooley »

Start with all freqs from suppliers light and simple UK licences - you can probably skip the lowband ones but these are all your common hire/event freqs. Also a WTR search near the time can bring up a licence that's only valid for a month or so on a exclusive freq. :thumbup: Ofcom for showing expiry dates/callsign/antenna configurations now
highlandchatter
Regular
Regular

thanks much for that!......i think i have most of the uk light and general plugged into my UBC780 and will also try what you recommended :)
scottyboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by scottyboy »

When the commonwealth games were in glasgow I got some comms on 420.6000 and around there, it seemed to be stage crews etc setting up.
2M0SRM

Quansheng tg-uv2
yaesu FT-7900E
Motorola DP3600 UHF + VHF
MTH800
MTP850s
SRH3800
CM-9000
MTM5400
highlandchatter
Regular
Regular

hi scottyboy.......thanks, will plug that frequency in just in case.....the gig is next saturday....work starts this wednesday on the stage, sound systems and covering for the pitch so that it's not damaged.....all residents in near by areas have been given their orders to move their vehichles or have them towed away :O From the wording of letters to all residents it's going to be a seriously large scale event with support acts on before the main act comes on later on the saturday evening.....the new T in the park by the sound of things! lol
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

highlandchatter wrote:all residents in near by areas have been given their orders to move their vehichles or have them towed away :O
As draconian as this sounds the first time you hear it, it's actually quite a common practice - particularly if you live near a football stadium in a large city.

Usually the tow truck comes along early doors, picks up any cars that haven't been shifted and drops them off in a nearby street. No charge! ;)