Helensburgh & Dumbarton frequency

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
radioenthusiast2011

Helensburgh & Dumbarton frequency

Post by radioenthusiast2011 »

Was out in helensburgh recently,had a listen to the Shopwatch frequency of 456.675,nothing heard.Even tried walking around the likely store users of such a system (wh smith/superdrug/semi chem,tesco etc) to see if i could see any radio sets but nothing! Is it safe to say there is no such Shopwatch or pubwatch system in helensburgh? if someone could put me right on this?

Also when out and about i heard a user on 453.0875 and i am sure it mentioned Marks and spencers talking to someone else,maybe a store or cctv control? Poor signal prob due to my location at the time.a check on this comes up as possibly Dumbarton Shopwatch,Anyone verify if this is correct too?There is a M&S in dumbarton.

Also freq of 453.050 for Alexandria Shopwatch,once again not heard this one yet if anyone could verify?

Also hearing Oak Mall Shopping centre on 453.775 but as a DMR user.
GlasgowSnapper
Call Sign: 2M0FRA

Re: Helensburgh & Dumbarton frequency

Post by GlasgowSnapper »

A lot of shopwatch schemes have switched to digital systems now, so it's possible that the frequencies you have are out of date.
2M0FRA
randy rooster

Post by randy rooster »

both the dumbarton and helensburgh are still being used heard the dumbarton one on monday and helensbugh late on at night used by the henry bell pub
,icom 706 mk2 g ,yaesu ft 857,yaesu 7800, uniden 3500
radioenthusiast2011

Post by radioenthusiast2011 »

Heard the 5 tone signal on the Helensburgh frequency earlier when it was keyed up and at 1730hours heard a user appearing to 'log off' but the first part of the audio was cut off due to them keying/speaking too quickly.Never heard if there was a reply due to being distracted. Appears to still being used but dont think it has much users of the system.

Seen this recently so may well hot up:

http://www.helensburghadvertiser.co.uk/ ... lensburgh/

Boots may well be a user by the following statement.............
"If I notice something suspicious or someone has tried to steal something I go over to Boots and tell them and they pass it on so that all the shops in the area know to watch out"
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

Hi

Can you confirm the tones being used please.

Ta