Re: Edinburgh Frequencies

Post by Silentprowler »

Prestonpans Taxi 165.4000
Fort Kinnarid 461.4000
Leith Port 161.2000
Leith Port 156.6000
Unknown 165.0750
Unknown 165.8750
Edinburgh traffic wardens 165.6750 (Includes the removal truck)
Hibs Stadium 453.1125
Asda 449.4000
Asia 449.3125
StJames's Centre 169.2650

These are all confirmed - I will add more as I get them :D
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

smscot wrote:Anyone have anymore active frequencies in Edinburgh? im in the portobello area.
Read your post in another thread,so will reply to that on here.You mention you have a PMR radio and want to receive those and other frequencies. You're really going to have to invest in a decent scanner,and being in Porty,you'll easily pick up Forth Nav etc all happening down Leith on the marine bands and they make good listening! Haven't really expressed too much interest in shopwatch pubwatch etc,but traffic meanies may well prove interesting listening too! Airband which I listen to regularly is pretty good here in Edinburgh and I also check out the Rail frequencies.Plenty still to choose from! :D
You can never have enough radios!
smscot
Regular
Regular

Post by smscot »

hi stratocaster . Which scanner would you recommend me buying?
scottyboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by scottyboy »

I use the bearcat ubc 3500xlt, a great all round scanner with close call and ctcss decode.
2M0SRM

Quansheng tg-uv2
yaesu FT-7900E
Motorola DP3600 UHF + VHF
MTH800
MTP850s
SRH3800
CM-9000
MTM5400
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

As a portable carry around I have the GRE PSR295,The Uniden 3500XLT also a thumbs up,and if you can afford it,the king of portable scanners,the AOR AR 8200! If you can still get one then I definitely recommend the Yupiteru MVT 7100,I had one and the covearge was superb!
Base stations,the Uniden BCT15X,or the AOR AR8600 mark 2.
smscot
Regular
Regular

Post by smscot »

Thanks for the advice guys. You think this day n age id maybe need a digital scanner? would the older scanners still work as well as they once did? sorry if they seem daft questions.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

Most scanners these days say digital,but in reality only are able to be of any use on digital trunked networks in the USA as they have slightly different systems to the UK/EU so you won't hear anything on them here at all bar the current analogue transmissions from aircraft to ATC's and cb,pmr etc.Also bear in mind that you'd need a computer and software with your scanner linked up to it all and even then it's touch'n'go as most networks are encrypted.Other forum members on here with a greater knowledge will be able to expand on this and even correct me if I'm not 100% accurate! But you can still enjoy some CB,PMR,ATC to Aircraft etc.
smscot
Regular
Regular

Post by smscot »

Thanks for your replys guys. I have just ordered the Yupiteru MVT 7100 off ebay. You think ill pick up some stuff on this?
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

You most definitely will,That is a scanner I highly recommend,hope it's in good nick and it'll cover quite a bit! In my opinion,that was the king of scanners until the AOR AR8200 came along! Have fun with it and keep in mind there will be no close call or DCS and suchlike decoding on this,but it is a cracking scanner just the same.Once you're hooked on the hobby,you may consider a more up to date one a bit later on! Enjoy your scanning!
smscot
Regular
Regular

Post by smscot »

thanks for the reply m8. paid £100 for it had to fight off a good few bidders too! I dunno what close call is lol im a newbie.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

It's when you've bid £100 on a radio you now realise is worth a tenner but then somebody sneaks in at the last minute with a higher bid! :lol:
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

kr0ne,,I've had that plenty of times! Mind you,some radios still hold their value! I've seen a few I'd like going for a reasonable sum,but then the bids come in and the price rockets up! Next purchase for the "Radio Room" will be the elusive Fairhaven RD500vx! Not long paid a fair whack for a Sony ICF2001D! (My Mrs will be shaking her head and rolling her eyes when I tell her my radio room isn't quite completed!)

smscot,,That's a reasonable price for a Yupi! Any more and it would be a bit cheeky,but people will pay over the odds at times for something if they really want it! Close Call is a function of the scanner that when activated, picks up transmissions very close by whilst you're listening to another broadcast.It alerts you by means of either illuminating an led or flashing screen.
smscot
Regular
Regular

Post by smscot »

yeah lol 100 is a bit pricey but to be honest I wanted to get myself a good scanner. no point me paying half the price or whatever for one that aint to good.
smscot
Regular
Regular

Post by smscot »

Got my scanner now. What edinburgh frequencys are active and worth listening to? so far im gettin the taxis (boring) tried others like asda , st james centre & nothing seems to be broadcasting.
smscot
Regular
Regular

Post by smscot »

170.2375 anyone know what that is?