455.475Mhz, Zoo???

Scanning radio frequencies for the North West
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: 455.475Mhz, Zoo???

Post by iansradios »

Unless someone is using old radios but there simplex channel is analogue,maybe its only certain groups using trbo,why i cant understand it as,the repeaters are dual but cannot do analogue and digi at the same time.unless someone there is being sneaky and using there old kit on the same freqs.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Well i heard at least x6 different peoples voices,so its not like they are using just x1 pair of old handys,anyway its a result,something new discovered that was'nt listed on any of the online scanning freq lists out there & also something new for me to listen to since the shopwatch ,Fire brigade & ambulances are no longer around to listen to,so a result :D
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

It's been on the lists for a while pal its not new,the only thing that's is wrong is that,after doing some digging,the trbo system has not been activated and they are using the radios in analogue,they are using trbo handhelds.as I have seen a photograph of keepers with trbo handsets.be prepared for the ..digi noise in the future.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Can you show me which scanning frequency list its on (apart from Ofcoms licencing list) as i have lots here from over the years including the Proma list without it being on any of them & i know the zoo was'nt on air on this frequency when i was last into scanning 4 years ago as i would of heard them,as for them being trbo radios which are currently in analogue mode...well unless somebody on here rings the zoo & tells tales im sure it would be otherwise down to misfortune for them to switch them onto digimode as im sure their staff ain't got a clue how to work them otherwise they would already be switched onto digimode,anyway something good to listen to in Chester :D
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

Jesus you won't be told..it's just a case of flicking a switch and turning the analogue off..simple as turning the tv over..people don't buy digital radios then say ah we will stick with the old crappy system,not only that but Motorola no longer support analogue kit and after next year most companies will HAVE to switch to digital,as for the proma lists lol that has not Been used in donkeys years,and the uk scanning directory was old when it was published,I no longer put any of my own personal lists online due to people taking the info then making profit from what they have not researched themselves,I can assure you that freq has been in use over two years,I was just pretty much sure that they had switched,the freq you here is not simplex,it's through a repeater with talk through on,and there is one other UHF simplex freq at the zoo as fallback that you would have to be on top of to receive..FYI the security there have always used a system were u cannot tell what there patrols are doing due to animal rights activists etc.once the trbo kicks in u will have to either buy a radio and do some guess work or use ian wraiths trbo decoder,which is the business.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

You are telling me what i already know as i already read up on TRBO,All you have done is discredit what i was listening to since the word go & you don't even live in the Chester area,seems you can't stand somebody finding something new unless its you yourself thats done it,your a know it all & i seem, to remember you being like this towards me on a few occasions a few years ago,best thing you can do from now on is just not reply to any of my posts,that way agrro is avoided for both of us and admin,so from now on don't reply to my posts.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Just been on my control panel settings & added you to the ignore list & i can no longer see your posts,so it worked,happy days,ta-ta! :D

To the other members i will continue to add any new frequencies i may find as i don't mind my time sharing with you all what i find.
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

Lol, such a shame u can't listen to advice they will switch off,and FYI i work security in Chester city centre now and again and always take my scanner..the zoo were on VHF..a few years back so it's not new it's just a change of system.when it goes trbo you can thank me and the other forum u have also asked about this subject..as for being off with u I have checked all my previous posts and not once have I had a convo with you {bnghd}
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

iansradios wrote:Lol, such a shame u can't listen to advice they will switch off,and FYI i work security in Chester city centre now and again and always take my scanner..the zoo were on VHF..a few years back so it's not new it's just a change of system.when it goes trbo you can thank me and the other forum u have also asked about this subject..as for being off with u I have checked all my previous posts and not once have I had a convo with you {bnghd}
why have they spend time and money on a new system not to use it?
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
EMarkM
Call Sign: M0RZY

Post by EMarkM »

I'm at the zoo right now. Every radio I've seen is a Motorola GP360. Not been cheeky enough to ask anyone how they're set up.

Hope this helps.
26TM513 “Munch Man”
M0RZY

PMR: Cobra Microtalk MT700
CB: Intek H-520 Plus, Thunderpole T-800
2m/70cm: Kenwood TM-V71E, Yaesu FT-7900R, Intek KT-930EE
HF/6m: Icom IC-7200, Yaesu FT-817ND
Scanning: Uniden UBC3500XLT
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

Yes you are right they have not changed there kit yet,I have a photo with a keeper holdings gp360.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Crusader on 26 Oct 2012, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Zoo is still analogue on 3 the frequencies listed by Ofcom using tones.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

Much of the trouble here is down to marketing hype and people buying direct. I've had two new clients who bought Chinese gear based on the description - they all seem to talk about analogue AND digital, and many infer you can buy the new repeater and it will magically repeat anything. Some of course are clever, and will switch to analogue if an FM signal comes up on the input, but most don't. I'm having a battle at the moment with a Chinese factory who are telling me their repeater can do this, but today the programming software I asked for arrived, and clearly it cannot do this. In DMR mode it also says it can do both times lots, but the programming software seems to only allow 1 slot per memory channel. So one of my clients has a technically assigned license for the new digital repeater and the radios, and I've reprogrammed them for the moment back to FM so they can use the system, until they have the budget to replace every hand held. They assumed from the blurb, that they could buy new DMR in dribs and drabs and they would all work together - they don't. No idea if the zoo is like this, but it's quite possible they bought digital, and are not using it. Only the locals know what the deal is.