Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Not Sure If Your Aware

Post by iansradios »

Loads on there are fake freqs people used to post and i know some that are 20 years out of date.
moj

Post by moj »

yep i agree with ian , and theres no ctss tones which is important when identifying frequencys etc

2012 list is needed asap with confirmations of location and speech that was spoken etc
MajicM
Regular
Regular

Post by MajicM »

I do have a copy of a directory that is kept up to date daily....

Can make it available online if you guys are interested?

It comes to about 14 meg, that's all.
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

It all depends on where the info is from and if a old list has been used to formulate it..years back the itu list was brilliant with freq and tones
MajicM
Regular
Regular

Post by MajicM »

I'll make it available online anyway....

To digress slightly, Morecambe eh? Cool, spent 17 years of my life there mate, mother still lives there now!
MajicM
Regular
Regular

Post by MajicM »

Well, been away on holiday so please excuse the lack of the freq's!

I've RAR'd them all up and posted them.
Last edited by Guzzy on 29 Aug 2012, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link
JohnUK
Call Sign: juliet1

Post by JohnUK »

Thats not really fair to post it on here when that site links to TM1 and it says it's for your own use only, don't shoot the messanger but I know they made one takedown notice for it to a site who took it down and another that didn't was suspended by the hosts, being a member of the team (albeit a small one) it's undersatandable as they keep it up to date daily and don't do it just for the whole lot to be pirated :?
Monsta
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Monsta »

the most important thing to note here that this directory is NOT open to intellectual property law
as all they have done is COMPILED it and copied it from various sources themselves. The only thing they could say is that the act of compilation in its complete form is their "work"

note from the term "....The information in our monthly scanning directories is for your own use only and may not be resold or shared online in full...."

if you want to share this then be sure to remove a VERY VERY small insignificant part of it (so then its not the same product they are claiming to OWN, and then of course if you want to be DOUBLE sure remove the name of them from the files ...

i.e.
UK Scanning Directory August 2012 (25.000 - 108.000) VHF LOW.txt
would become just
Scanner Files August 2012 (25.000 - 108.000) VHF LOW.txt

in fact with them getting a fiver for this on ebay ..it makes me wonder why there are no RIVAL sellers? ...
the same information formatted n a different way

..... Licence to print money !!
10/11: Anytone AT-5555, President Lincoln - Astatic Audio
HF: Kenwood TS2000 ,Kenwood G707, Heil Goldline,
MajicM
Regular
Regular

Post by MajicM »

JohnUK wrote:Thats not really fair to post it on here when that site links to TM1 and it says it's for your own use only, don't shoot the messanger but I know they made one takedown notice for it to a site who took it down and another that didn't was suspended by the hosts, being a member of the team (albeit a small one) it's undersatandable as they keep it up to date daily and don't do it just for the whole lot to be pirated :?
I've taken it offline....
MajicM
Regular
Regular

Post by MajicM »

I agree Monsta, for the fee you should at least get free monthly updates.
JohnUK
Call Sign: juliet1

Post by JohnUK »

MajicM wrote:I agree Monsta, for the fee you should at least get free monthly updates.
The fee pays for an up to date directory at the time, I don't have access to the kitty but the four main team members, Tony, Kimberly, Steve and Andrew share the ammount and it goes on radio equipment between them when needed on a 'needed' basis.

For a few quid it's a good deal IMO, I mean take the book at three times the price, you didn't get updates with that and the info in it was all already out of date. So you have four main team members plus contributors, updating the directory every day, sending out the directories by post on CD, having the database acessible to members to update in real time so the latest CD's are up to date to the minute and for a small cost and to have an actual up to date directory available I think it's a good thing.

They were all Proma members and yes the directory has a base there but unlike the proma directory it's correctly formatted and updated by people that give a damn, SWL's and Ham Radio Operators, when Paul went funny changing the proma group name to TM1 (lol) and then closing it people organised and put work into it on a daily basis.

Sources? Sure much is from Ofcom, but I've been out DX'ing with Tony (the head) and he goes to extremes (high points, other towns accross the UK etc. I've been to the winking man, mermaid, solomons temple, cat and fiddle and shining tor with him) for the hobby, he's met a few members on here and a lot of the frequencies are unique to their directory, the UK Scanning Directory book is a shambles, Proma was good while it lasted, and of course the WTR is very handy but it's nice for there to actually be a regular and properly formatted and updated Scanning Directory for once and I thank you and the TM1 admin for removing the link here and the files on your site, it has taken years of their work and maintenance, ebay fees, website fees, legal issues etc. etc. It may be sourced from many sources as well as their own but they put the work in and it would be a shame if they packed it in as it would be a great loss to the hobby.
if you want to share this then be sure to remove a VERY VERY small insignificant part of it (so then its not the same product they are claiming to OWN, and then of course if you want to be DOUBLE sure remove the name of them from the files ...
No disrespect but that's like downloading a movie, removing the opening and closing credits and then saying the movie is free for anyone to watch which doesn't work, the fact still remains the people involved in bringing that movie to you still did all the work in making it, even if the movie is a documentary that is made up of content from other sources including their own. I've been asking Tony and other members to sign up here, they link to us here prominantly on the links page and even direct customers to here as they don't have a forum, and I've got access to the staff database and I'm allowed to post frequencies from there on here, but it's understandable how posting the whole of their work they've done the past how ever many years it is online for all would get's their backs up.
Monsta
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Monsta »

yeah but you can just copy it and market it as your own ..its only a collection of data !

and as for daily updates ...if you think it gets updated daily then you are deluded ...what frequencies do you think need adding or changing on a daily basis ?

A lot of it is very old an inaccurate, and easily proven to be so ..... most of the interesting stuff has long since gone to encrypted, so there is nothing VERY cool to listen to anyway ...of course it should be FREE!

The ebitda of the whole thing is it provides a few people with a steady trickle of eBay revenue ... that's it, lets not make it out to be more than that

90% of it you will never use, 30% of it is out of date, and the stuff you actually WOULD use, you can get all the latest info from websites for FREE

also its a pain in the a$$ to use ! ...listen I am not a moaner ....if it was free i would give props and respects for the effort ....but i don't want to be "had over " for a useless subscription. PERIOD.

suckers please continue to pay ! ...don't let me stop you :lol:
10/11: Anytone AT-5555, President Lincoln - Astatic Audio
HF: Kenwood TS2000 ,Kenwood G707, Heil Goldline,
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

Ah these are the same people that ripped aload of my stuff and added it to there database without asking,a few years back. from then on i made sure that the sources were i posted had a fake freq in that i would instantly know was my stuff here was one place i used to post freqs all the time,no i no longer do this. :twisted: