Hollyoaks non Airwave

Scanning radio frequencies for the North West
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Hollyoaks non Airwave

Post by Andrew »

I can't help but notice that in Hollyoaks the police whenever they appear seem still to have analogue radio's, surely they should be Airwave by now?

Even at Sun Hill (The Bill) they have gone Airwave in the past couple of weeks, although their terminals don't put out busy beeps like the one's officers use here, and I've noticed they don't even 'light up' when in use. I know they are only dummies, but surely they could at least have them out of shot when CAD (Computer Aided Despatch) shouts them.

I sounded like a total anorak at work recently when a girl said 'why do they carry their mobile phones on their jackets now?'

Women and technology...........................
Banned Account
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

RE: Hollyoaks non Airwave

Post by 5thElement »

lol

I suppose from a filmmakers point of view it doesn't really matter, 99% of people have no idea what an airwave radio is anyway, so it doesn't matter what they're shown to be using on tv. I suppose there's a lack of props aswell.
2E0XGA
Robin1
Top Poster
Top Poster

RE: Hollyoaks non Airwave

Post by Robin1 »

And what is Hollyoaks!!!?? LOL
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Re: RE: Hollyoaks non Airwave

Post by Andrew »

5thElement wrote:lol

I suppose from a filmmakers point of view it doesn't really matter, 99% of people have no idea what an airwave radio is anyway, so it doesn't matter what they're shown to be using on tv. I suppose there's a lack of props aswell.
It's taken them 4 months or so not to realise that the twins Mel and Sophie are dead, but they are still in the credits. Surely someone from Cheshire police would have tried to contact them over the terminals.

I've done walk on parts on television, it's amazing the attention to detail some things are given, like when I appeared in a one off programme partly filmed in a hospital, 'cleaning staff' were given ID's with the ficticious local authority logo on it. Not only did the badges not appear, but those wearing them were only a blur in the background.

They even put chalk marks on tyres of cars and the surface, so if the car has to move and be put back, it's no more than a few inches out when filming begins again.

Then again, as a uniformed police officer, I had a Lothian and Borders jacket and notebook, a Strathclyde jumper and a Metropolitan Police utility belt! The 'cuffs were superglued shut, just in case............
Banned Account